The Conference Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and assists with planning and executing multiple conferences in a variety of locations each year.
Conference Coordinator responsibilities include working with Organization Management to plan, promote and execute conferences from idea stage through completion and wrap-up. A successful Conference Coordinator should be familiar with all aspects of concurrent event planning, be able to multi-task, prioritize and organize, as well as be able to maintain trust, integrity and a positive attitude, all of which support our Catholic values and culture.
• Primary responsibility for planning, promoting and executing conferences and other events as needed
• Assist in creating and monitoring event budgets
• Participate in planning and executing an effective promotional strategy for each conference
• Manage logistical and operational tasks related to planning and execution of multiple, concurrent events across multiple geographic locations
• Recruit, train and manage a team of local volunteers for each conference
• Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
• Minimum 2-5 years hands-on experience with event management
• Well-organized with attention to accuracy and detail, with strong project management skills
• Competency in MS Office, databases
• Reliable transportation, willingness & ability to travel out of town for both day trips and periodic weekend long conferences
• Strong communication skills, proficient in both written and spoken English
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
• Minimum Degree Requirement: Associate's degree or relevant certification
• Preferred Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
• Active, practicing Catholic
This on-site position offers a competitive salary and benefits package including paid time off and medical Insurance. Life insurance and medical disability insurance are included at no cost to the employee.
Compensation from 60,000-$80,000, depending on experience. For consideration of this position, please submit a cover letter describing your experience and your thoughts on working for a Catholic Ministry.