JOB DESCRIPTION FOR: Facilities and Maintenance Technician/Part-Time-Weekends
PRIMARY POSITION PURPOSE:
The Facilities and Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical environment of all buildings, grounds, and equipment in support of Clergy, Educators, Parishioners, and Staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures that St. Patrick Catholic Church's sacred spaces, (Sanctuary, Chapel, Devotional Areas, etc.) as well as School facilities provide a holy, prayerful, peaceful, inviting, well-maintained and safe environment for priests, religious, educators, parishioners, students, staff and visitors.
• Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on all mechanical, electrical, security, safety, lighting, audio, energy management, plumbing and irrigation systems to ensure optimum performance and reliability.
• Maintains all educational, social and workspaces, ensuring all are clean and in good repair.
• Performs a wide range of duties in support of events and activities, including ensuring setup of chairs, tables, stages, decorations, or equipment as specified by St. Patrick staff.
• Weekend work required. Weekday hours are adjusted to meet the need for the weekend work.
Administrative and Other
• As directed by the Facility Manager, orders equipment, supplies, and oversees inventory control of Facilities related items
• Other duties/projects as assigned by the Facilities Manager, Director of Operations, Business Manager and Pastor.
REPORTING AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
The Facilities and Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Facilities Manager. The Technician must work as an integral member of the St. Patrick staff by coordinating and sharing information and resources with both administrative and maintenance staff as needed to accomplish the objectives that have been identified above.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENT:
• Facilities and Maintenance Technician must have the ability to work effectively with contractors and others to maintain the facility.
• Must be able to perform routine maintenance and or repair tasks.
• Work professionally and effectively with ministries and parishioners.
• Work in a team environment and with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and establish work priorities.
• Ideally be knowledgeable of Microsoft's Word, Excel, and Outlook programs.
• Work in a church and school environment
• May include periods of sitting, typing, and reading from the computer screen.
• May require lifting of 25-40 lbs., bending, stooping, and climbing.
• Requires walking/inspecting the entire facility (multiple buildings) regularly.
• May involve travel to vendor/contractor locations or off-site events.
We are here to serve the Catholic Church. Our mission is to reach out to others and become an instrument of the St. Patrick Parish Mission Statement - "Rooted in the love of the Eucharist, Adoration, prayer and study, we are a diverse and welcoming Roman Catholic community seeking to know, love and serve God and our neighbor."