St. Patrick Catholic Church - Little Lambs Caregiver
Job Description Purpose: To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children (ages
12 months/walking to 3 years) during regular Sunday Mass times.
Application Process: All interested applicants should contact Erin Evans, Director of LifeStage Ministry at [email protected] or 214-348-7380 x2418.
• Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes maintaining a safe environment,
holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and
• Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all parents, children and volunteers.
• Speak in a gentle tone of voice to the children.
• Arrive 20 minutes prior to the start of the 10:00AM Mass. Childcare hours include every Sunday
9:40 AM to approximately 11:15 AM. The opportunity to work additional Sunday Masses (i.e.
8:00AM or 12:00PM) are a possibility in the future dependent upon demonstrated need in those
• Childcare workers are expected to work all Sundays even if it falls on a holiday. Opportunities to
work other church events, (i.e. Easter, Christmas, Vacation Bible School, etc.) are a possibility in
• Manage parish-approved procedure for checking children in and out of Little Lambs. Stay until
the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child's registration form.
• In the event of an emergency, notify the parent via cell phone. Document and report events
• Straighten the room and clean toys before leaving.
• Attend an evaluation after a 90-day probationary period and thereafter annually.
• Report to the Associate Director of Children and Family Ministry any issues which are hindering
the carry out of the duties or responsibilities.
• Communicate in advance, by phone to the Associate Director of Children and Family Ministry: 1)
any planned absences with an advance two-week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least
two hours prior to the shift.
• Experience in caring for children between the ages of 12 months to 3 years with the ability to
adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
• At least 18 years of age
• Satisfactory completion of background check and annual Safe Environment training as directed
by the Catholic Diocese of Dallas.
• Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children.
• Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessive absences hinder the effectiveness of a
successful program for our parish