This position assists the Director of the Office of Evangelization and Catechesis. The Associate Director's primary responsibilities will be focus on youth, young adult and campus ministry. This person should be strongly committed to their Catholic Faith and ministry in the light of the Second Vatican Council and the New Evangelization.
6. Duties & Responsibilities
• Provide resources and consultation for evangelization and catechesis materials available for youth and young adult ministry
• Offer leadership formation and training for ministry leaders, focusing on a comprehensive model of youth ministry
• Assist in the on-going development of youth ministry formation at the parish, deanery, and diocesan level
• Assist with adult faith formation and leadership formation and training sponsored by the OEC
• Collaborate with the ministry areas of the OEC
• Involvement in Region 10 Youth Ministry, National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry, and Catholic Campus Ministry Association and other national youth ministry organizations
• Assist parishes in developing an age-appropriate young adult ministry
• Cultivate a comprehensive vision of diocesan-wide campus ministry; mentor and resource diocesan campus ministers in their individual settings
• Consult with parish and campus ministry leaders
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels of ministry
• Travel within the diocese
7. Supervisory Responsibilities
8. Education, Training and Experience
• Master's degree in theology, catechesis, pastoral studies, or related field.
• 3 to 5 years' experience at the parish or diocesan level
9. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Good communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with others
• Capacity to prioritize multiple tasks, organize work, and adapt to needs
• Dependable and reliable
• Interact professionally with various diverse groups
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Demonstrated pastoral and catechetical leadership
• Mature faith and able to embrace diversity
• Able to work a flexible schedule that includes some evenings and/or weekends
• Basic computer and office skills, familiarity with various forms of social media, and general computer literacy.
10. Working Condition/Environment
• Office hour work environment typical of normal office setting with slight to moderate noise levels and controlled temperatures.
• Working conditions and environment for work/meetings outside the office will vary according to site and need but will predominantly be indoors with adequate temperature controls.
• 40-hour work week, but additional hours are possible.
• Base work hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, frequent nights and weekends are possible.
11. Physical Demands
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee frequently is required to sit for extended periods of time and reach with hands and arms. Normal manual dexterity is required.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb stairs.
• Normal speaking and hearing abilities to interact with others in an office environment or over the telephone.
• Normal vision is also required to perform the duties of this position.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to (25) pounds.