Human Resources Coordinator
Strake Jesuit College Preparatory
Founded in 1960 by the New Orleans Province of the Society of Jesus, a religious order of priests and brothers also known as the Jesuits, Strake Jesuit is a Catholic, four-year college preparatory school serving young men grades nine through twelve. The school's mission is to assist young men in their formation as leaders and as "Men for Others" through a program of rigorous college preparation in the tradition of the Society of Jesus. Currently serving over 1,300 students from all over the Houston metropolitan area, Strake Jesuit is one of the most ethnically diverse schools in the Jesuit School Network. Recently ranked #1 in a national ranking of Catholic schools, Strake Jesuit prepares students for the most selective universities.
With a budget of over $32 million, Strake Jesuit has a faculty and staff of 180 committed men and women, and a very strong network of volunteers. We are always seeking to care for our faculty and staff in the same way we care for our students.
The school is in the process of planning for the next few years, and now is a very exciting time to be a part of this community. For more information about Strake Jesuit see the below information and visit www.strakejesuit.org.
The Human Resources Coordinator reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for supporting the mission of the school through facilitating human resources processes related to benefits, payroll, hiring, onboarding, and other issues related to employment.
This is a twelve-month position and the salary is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Qualifications for Applicants:
- A bachelor degree in Human Resources or a related field.
- Evidence of continuing professional education through conferences,
seminars, or professional associations is preferred.
- At least five years of professional experience in progressively
responsible positions in non-profit or education sector is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles of Catholic and Jesuit
education is preferred.
Skills & Qualifications
- Understanding of and a passion for Strake Jesuit's mission of
educating young men in the tradition of the Society of Jesus
including a respect for and understanding of Strake Jesuit's Jesuit
and Catholic culture.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and payroll systems.
- A collaborative spirit and exceptional interpersonal skills are
- Maintain, audit and update job descriptions for each position.
- Support the hiring committee by posting job announcements,
scheduling candidates' visits, maintaining candidates' files,
communicating with candidates, completing background checks and
other tasks associated with the hiring process.
- Assist in separation process (voluntary and involuntary), including
- Support administrators and other supervisors in onboarding of new
faculty and staff. Including arrangements for employee training
required by law or archdiocesan policy as well as securing keys, fobs,
email address, telephone number and any items generally required
for an employee's successful onboarding.
- Assist administrators with organization and facilitation of beginning
of schoolyear orientation for new and returning faculty and staff.
- Support administrators and supervisors in performance review
- Assist and support the counseling of employees.
- Assist Director of Finance in creating a salary scale and salary ranges
for faculty and staff to be approved by the President and Principal.
- Prepare employment contracts for faculty (including Pay & Benefit
Information Sheets) as well as letters of offer for staff.
- Process payroll.
- Manage and coordinate benefit and retirement programs for
employees in conjunction with the school's benefits brokers and
providers, including all employee communication, problem solving
and claims resolution.
- Assist Director of Finance in creation of insurance budget and
contract negotiation with insurance liaison.
- Manage annual open enrollment for health, dental, vision and other
- Manage Worker's Compensation program.
- Assist Director of Finance in recommending changes and additions
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and state statutes/laws as
well as related Archdiocesan policies governing labor and
- Maintain, audit and recommend updates to Faculty/Staff Handbook.
- Maintain faculty/staff employment files in keeping with best
practices and according to applicable policies.
To Apply Send a resume and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] or by mail to Strake Jesuit, Application for Employment, 8900 Bellaire Boulevard, Houston, Texas, 77036.
For questions, contact Amy Reaser at 713-490-8106.