General Summary of the Position
Saint Mark is seeking a passionate and capable individual to lead our Youth Ministry Program. The position is a full-time salaried with benefits. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
• To work closely with the Pastor and entire Youth Ministry Department Staff and Adult Core Volunteers in the development and execution of the vision and mission of Saint Mark Youth Ministry.
• To understand the needs, development and culture of youth, and is able to respond to these in ministry and programming.
• To implement and oversee new initiatives which enable teens to personally encounter Christ.
• To understand and put into practice the New Evangelization
• Direct the Core Team in planning and implementing High School Youth Group nights (Lifeteen). This includes coordinating and attending planning meetings, practices, and set up.
• To oversee a Middle School Youth Coordinator and direct the planning and implementation of a Middle School Youth Group Program.
• To be the primary communicator between program and presenters/core team/parents/volunteer teams.
• Advertise and promote coming High School Youth Group nights, retreats, and events by every means available such as posters, flyers, website, bulletin, social media, etc.
• Recruit and make sure they are safe environment screened (including driver screening), lead, evaluate, and provide training for all High School and Middles School group leaders and teen helpers.
• Youth Director position includes but is not limited to the formation of teen volunteers, retreats, youth group, summer trips, (Steubenville Lone Star for High School) and discipleship groups.
• Oversee ongoing formation for Core Team Volunteers through Bible studies, prayer, and spiritual learning.
• Responsible for other duties, as assigned or deemed necessary by the Pastor.
• Develop and maintain a budget for the Youth Ministry department.
• Plan and coordinate calendar year to include High School retreats, parent meetings, youth activity, etc.
• Periodic Core and/or volunteer appreciation dinners
• Implement all diocesan, parish administrative policies as directed or as written in policy handbooks
• Collaborate with parish staff with registration, accounting, publications, records, curriculum and volunteer utilization
• Dedicated to their vocation (or discernment of Vocation) as their first priority.
• Committed to intentionally seeking holiness for themselves and growing as an intentional disciple of Jesus Christ daily.
• Passionate about the mission of Saint Mark Youth Ministry to lead teens into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church.
• An example for teens and families by attending Mass and participating in the Catholic Sacraments on a regular basis at Saint Mark Catholic Church.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Theology, Catechists, Youth Ministry or related field) OR a minimum of two years' experience in ministry.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, computer skills, and a strong understanding and ability to articulate Catholic Teaching and catechetical method. Capable of learning specific computer programs, up to date on social media networking. Musical background helpful to lead praise and worship.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a strong asset.
• Send resumes and cover letters to [email protected]