A Loving Option Adoption is an expansion of Catholic Charities of East Tennessee's Pregnancy Help Center Services. We currently have on-call/flex openings for Case Manager's working with Adoptive Parents. The ideal candidate will pick up a minimum of 8 hours per month and/or a maximum of 10 hours some weeks.
The Adoption Case Manager (Adoptive Parent[s]) offers professional social services, which encompasses the provision of case management services designed to ensure children are adopted to safe permanent families. Work includes developing and utilizing all agency and community resources to carry out the above objective. This position reports to the Adoption Program Manager and has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Assists with facilitating between birth parents and prospective adoptive families
- Documents activities and time spent with clients in the case file, case management systems, and/or agency time studies
- Keep record of all adoption cases, close files, and seal adoption records
- Successful completion of Profile of Parenting Study (POPS) training
- Conduct successful home studies utilizing the POPS format
- Facilitate child matching, placement, and post-placement supervision through adoption
- Complete case management process through screening, intake, assessment, and service planning with clients
- Participates in case conferences and/or staff meetings
- Organize adoption information presentations for Adoptive parents
- Assists with program compliance with relevant legislation, licensure requirements, professional standards, and the agency's mission
- Ensure program successfully passes all internal and external audits
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned
- Must be able to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Must hold a valid driver license
- Must be flexible and able to work as-needed
- Must be willing to travel if required
- Must maintain any training and certification requirements
- Must support the teachings of the Catholic Church and embody our organization's mission and culture through behavior and daily interactions
- Bachelor's Degree in in Social Work, psychology, sociology or one year of case work experience is required
- 2-5 years of experience with case management is preferred
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to think and act independently
- Experience with MicroSoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Job Type: On-call
Pay: $18.50 per hour
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please indicate "Adoption Case Manager" in subject line.