Part-Time Middle School Theatre Teacher (with the potential to be full-time**)
The Pope Prep Fine Arts Department provides students with a core foundation of fine arts experiences by exposing them to a variety of artistic outlets through which they are challenged to develop the ability to be creative, collaborate with others, and build their confidence in expressing themselves as an individual.
**This position has the potential to be full-time if the candidate is also a pianist who can accompany our choirs.
The ideal candidate to join the Fine Arts Department will:
* Collaborate with the Fine Arts Department members to implement curricula that align with our philosophy of fine arts instruction which focuses on building a strong foundation of arts education and fostering self-expression and creativity through the arts.
* Facilitate a student-centered learning environment, immerse students in the practice of theatre arts, encourage students of all learning abilities to grow in their understanding and manage a safe and effective learning environment.
* Embrace a collaborative teaching model by working with the choral instructor, instrumental music director, and high school theatre teacher to develop a program that reaches across ages and disciplines and communicates a cohesive message.
* Help build students' confidence by teaching them enunciation, projecting voices, and public speaking.
* Direct productions that enhance and reflect school culture.
* Create or order costumes, production sets, and props when needed, and craft production elements such as lights, sound, and sets.
* Embody our optimistic vision for student success by providing appropriate scaffolding, support, and communication to students and families outside of class time.
* Model life-long learning for our students by participating in professional development to enhance pedagogical skills and subject expertise.
* Teach theatre classes within the Fine Arts Department and participate in the school's extracurricular life, including possible duties involving morning arrival, lunch duty, student assemblies, class transitions, and after-school dismissal.
* Availability to teach four to six 80-minute classes per week.
At Pope John Paul II Preparatory School, we welcome faculty, students, and families of diverse faiths and backgrounds. We encourage all interested candidates to apply for the position by submitting the following supporting documents to Jennifer Dye, Dean of Faculty and Instruction ([email protected]).
1) A cover letter that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
* Your interest in our 6-12 grade community
* Your desire to teach in a faith-based school
* Your contributions outside of the classroom
* The passions that make you unique
2) A resume emphasizing educational and professional experiences
3) A statement of teaching philosophy
Located just north of Nashville, Pope John Paul II Preparatory School is a part of the Diocese of Nashville and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Pope John Paul II Preparatory School does not discriminate based on race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, age, or sex.
Hendersonville, TN 37075