Pope Prep seeks a math teacher who believes all students can grow and be successful in the math classroom. By sharing and collaborating with colleagues, our ideal candidate will push all students to think critically, reason logically, and develop skills and habits that will serve them during middle school, high school, and beyond.
We consider all candidates who apply for the position. The ideal candidate will:
* Demonstrate a passion for learning, mathematics, and student growth through engaging, discovery-based lessons and assessments rooted in pedagogical research.
* Embody our optimistic vision for student success by providing appropriate scaffolding, support, and communication to students and families outside of class time.
* Incorporate mathematical tools such as calculators, manipulatives, and dynamic online resources to enhance lessons and help develop a conceptual understanding of the material.
* Teach a range of standard and honors classes across multiple grade levels.
* Collaborate with departmental members to create, improve, and implement teaching and assessment practices that align with the seven-year vision the math department has for each student.
* Embrace our team-teaching model, where teachers given the same courses collaborate to create shared assessments and objectives to provide powerful and equitable learning experiences for students while embracing each team member's unique strengths and teaching styles.
* Model life-long learning for our students by participating in professional development to enhance pedagogical skills and subject expertise.
At Pope John Paul II Preparatory School, we welcome faculty, students, and families of diverse faiths and backgrounds. We encourage all interested candidates to apply for the position by submitting the following supporting documents to Jennifer Dye, Dean of Faculty and Instruction ([email protected]).
1) A cover letter that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
* Your interest in our 6-12 grade community
* Your desire to teach in a faith-based school
* Your contributions outside of the classroom
* The passions that make you unique
2) A resume emphasizing educational and professional experiences
3) A statement of teaching philosophy
Located just north of Nashville, Pope John Paul II Preparatory School is a part of the Diocese of Nashville and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Pope John Paul II Preparatory School does not discriminate based on race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, age, or sex.
Hendersonville, TN 37075