Sacred Heart School is in southern Lawrence County, in Loretto, TN. The school serves students in Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade and has an enrollment of 84 students. As a parish school for Sacred Heart Church, we also serve families of nearby Saint Joseph Parish in St. Joseph, TN.
With a rich history in its original, well-kept building (est. 1872), the school hosts self-contained classrooms for our Pre-K and Kindergarten students. Grades 1 through 8 are in combined sections consisting of 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, and 7th/8th. Students in grades 5-8 change classes daily to benefit from teachers specialized in their subject matter. Our student body is 65% Catholic and 35% other faith denominations. Many students are from multi-generational families strongly committed to their "country school."
We now seek a Principal to carry on our rich traditions of academic excellence, Gospel values, and faith formation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The most competitive candidates will offer most or all the following qualifications and qualities:
• A practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge of the Catholic Church's teachings.
• A visionary with energy and a commitment to create a strong parish school rooted in our Catholic tradition.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with inspiration and clarity.
• Hold a masters degree in Education Leadership & Supervision or Curriculum; be eligible for or hold a Leadership License in the state of TN
• Have 5 years of successful experience in a Catholic school
• Academic Operations: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the school, including all aspects of teaching and learning, curriculum, and assessment.
• Student Life: Ensure healthy, diverse, and Christ-centered, engaging co-curricular programs and activities.
• Spiritual Formation: In partnership with the pastor, ensure the development and expression of faith in the community through its integration in both classrooms and co-curricular programs.
• Mission Alignment: In partnership with the parish, be a guiding presence to ensure that the school lives out its mission and vision daily.
• Community Engagement: Promote a culture of academic excellence and student support by serving as a visible presence and effective counsel to faculty and families.
• Professional Growth: Foster and encourage a culture of faculty growth and oversee the annual process of teacher goal setting and evaluation.
• General Leadership: Serve as an active, engaged, and collaborative member of the administrative team, run the daily operations of the school as needed, and perform other duties as assigned.
All interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply through the diocesan job portal, by copying the link below into your web browser. Additionally, candidates will need to submit the following materials:
• A cover letter expressing their interest in this position.
• A current resume.