Our Lady of the Lake Facilities Maintenance is committed to serve and support those around us by maintaining a safe, pleasant, and functional environment that meets the needs and expectations of our parishioners, staff and guests. The Facility Manager strives to provide cost effective and responsive service for maintenance and operation of facilities, grounds, and other related support functions that help maintain the comfort and security of the Our Lady of the Lake Church properties. The Facility Manager is involved in the present operations of the parish as well as the planning and implementation of future capital improvement projects.
• Must be available after hours and on weekends occasionally for special events / emergencies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The daily and ongoing responsibilities of Facilities Maintenance, although often unseen, are vital to building function. The Facility Manager's primary role is to maintain and optimize the efficient operation of the building, with the goal of minimizing operational life cycle costs while maintaining a clean, warm inviting atmosphere. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Setup and regularly evaluate planned preventive maintenance on all operational equipment.
• Identify and prioritize needed capital improvements based on the life cycle analysis of all operational equipment.
• Handle the scheduling of building resources needed to support the numerous events held at various locations within the facility.
• Manage and oversee all Contractors/Contracted Services (janitorial services, lawn care, HVAC, etc.).
• Support off-site properties: Rectory and 1717 Stop 30 Road.
Preventive and Scheduled Maintenance
• Oversee all HVAC preventive maintenance and filter change Semi-annually
• Boiler inspection Annually
• Fire Alarm System preventive maintenance Annually
• Fire Detector System preventive maintenance Annually
• Fire extinguishers Annually
• Elevator inspection (Maintenance-semi, state-annually, phone system- monthly)
• Kitchen Exhaust Hood preventive maintenance Semi-annually
• Backflow Preventers Tested Annually
• Roofs Inspected, semi-annually
• Outside Lighting preventive maintenance Annual Inspection Fall
• Supervise Irrigation Line preventive maintenance - Spring; winterize
• Entrance water fountain winterizing and spring opening
• Custodial walkthrough to identify any issues. Weekly
• Pressure Washing and cleaning interior and exterior walls
Completion of Weekly (To Do List)
• Identify emergency, non-emergency work/projects
• Prioritize projects
• Building emergency are always priority.
• Other work assigned by Business Manager, Senior Director of Ministries, and Pastor
• Handle daily non-scheduled needs/requests
• Supplies Ordering
Scheduling of Building Resources to support events.
• This includes HVAC, Lighting, Custodial support, supplies
• Coordinate set up/tear down parish events
Managing of Contractor and Contract Services
• Negotiate best pricing for all Facility contracted services
• (Grounds, Maintenance, Pest Control, Custodial and Kitchen supplies)
• Project Design Scope, ITB (Invitation To Bid), project management completed inhouse by Facilities Manager
• To be completed based on Building Outage Schedule, Weather and Contractor Availability
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to work collaboratively with staff and volunteers.
* Able to maintain confidentiality
* Demonstrated ability to maintain a large facility
* Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and prioritize daily tasks
* Has knowledge of computers and basic office skills
* Project management capability
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to manage the physical demands of the position including, but not limited to lifting supplies or equipment up to 75 lbs
* Preferred to have some knowledge of Audio Visual and IT setup (not required)