The Diocese of Nashville seeks qualified candidates for an Administrative Assistant for the Office of Exceptional Learners within the Catholic Schools Office located at 2800 McGavock Pike in Nashville. This is a full-time position that provides administrative support for the Executive Director of Exceptional Learners and all events related to the Diocese of Nashville's Hand in Hand Options (HIHO). The diocese Hand in Hand Options program provides an inclusive Catholic education that empowers students with intellectual and developmental disabilities as well as those with learning differences to reach their fullest potential. This position is generally on duty Monday through Friday during the regular daytime business hours with the occasional evening or weekend assignments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Schedules appointments and maintains the calendar of the Executive Director for Exceptional Learners.
2. Schedule and coordinate meetings and ensures meeting materials and spaces are prepared.
3. Monitors progress and timelines of the HIHO strategic plan with guidance from the Executive Director for Exceptional Learners.
4. Coordinates the operations for HIHO committee and board meetings, takes minutes, reports documents to members and maintains historical records for each group.
5. Manages travel for Executive Director for Exceptional Learners.
6. Prepares communications and documents such as memos , emails, invoices, reports, letters, and presentations.
7. Creates and maintains filing systems, both electronic and physical.
8. Oversees the execution of events, coordinates meeting setup, hospitality, and materials.
9. Orders supplies as needed for HIHO events.
10. Improves organization of the office to increase overall efficiency.
11. Anticipates needs to prevent problems.
12. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 3-5 years administrative experience, preferably at a non-profit
• Proficient in Microsoft office and/or Google Suites (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel or equivalent), as well as experience with Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience planning and managing operational projects.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple competing tasks with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated proactive problem solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Team player with the ability to be effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Able to demonstrate the highest level of client service and response.
• Technologically proficient.
To apply for this position please copy the URL into your web browser: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1492228/Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Nashville/Administrative-Assistant-for-the-Office-of-Exceptional-Learners