The Diocese of Nashville Mission Support Office (MSO) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant for the office of Stewardship and Development. This regular full-time position will support the Stewardship and Development Office and all of its fundraising activities at the Diocese of Nashville. MSO is in the Catholic Pastoral Center in the Donelson neighborhood of Nashville. This position is generally on duty Monday through Friday during the regular daytime business hours of the Catholic Pastoral Center. This position will require travel throughout Middle Tennessee and attendance at some evening meetings and events. This position reports directly to the Director of Stewardship and Development.
1. Represents the Diocese of Nashville in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers and vendors.
2. Fundraising Events: manages invite lists, donor recognition opportunities, and works with parish staff and volunteers as needed.
3. Data Entry and Management: acknowledgement letters, tribute recognition, gift entry, individual donor information entry and upkeep.
4. Provides staff support to Special Events Coordinator and Annual Appeal Coordinator. Support may include keeping records, preparing meeting notices and minutes, handling correspondence and meeting with committees.
5. Works at special events as directed including preparation, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
6. Assists in performing regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner; including but not limited to recording and tracking donor contracts and payments, reviewing and submitting event related invoices for payment, writing acknowledgment and thank you letters, assembling donor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related forms, researching both monetary and in-kind funding sources, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings and data entry.
7. Update donor records in donor management system (Raiser's Edge) following all donor interactions.
8. Carries out additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the Diocese of Nashville.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum 2 years administrative experience.
• Experience with direct mail appeals, fundraising event planning, donor database (Raiser's Edge) preferred.
• Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Informing, organizing, planning, priority setting, presentation skills, verbal and written communications, ethics and values, integrity and trust, customer focus and confidentiality.
This position includes a competitive salary, based upon qualifications and experience, and an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants should apply through our job portal by copying the link below into your web browser: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1471765/Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Nashville/Administrative-Assistant