The Assistant Director of Faith Formation for Hispanic Ministry works closely within the Office of Faith Formation to facilitate and promote the catechetical, evangelical, and formational efforts of the various Hispanic ministries throughout the Diocese of Nashville. The Assistant Director collaborates with the Spanish-speaking leaders of our diocese to implement, coordinate, and support new methods of outreach as well as with the English-speaking leaders to act as a communication bridge to meet the needs of our growing Hispanic communities more effectively. The Assistant Director demonstrates a strong commitment to Hispanic values and a deep understanding of the pastoral needs and gifts of our Hispanic community in the Diocese of Nashville.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
• Maintains an up-to-date awareness of the best Spanish-language catechetical, evangelical, and formational programs available for parishes.
• Mentors and supports ministers in the Hispanic community within the Diocese of Nashville as well as the representatives of the St. Cecilia Community in implementing catechetical formation programs.
• Ensures the diocesan policies and guidelines are followed in parish catechetical programs.
• Provides in-person and virtual resources to assist parishes in their catechetical and evangelical initiatives.
• Schedules and organizes regular meetings with Spanish-speaking DREs, including an annual retreat.
• Plans and executes an annual diocesan catechetical conference.
• Writes (or translates) and distributes digital and written catechetical materials in Spanish for the Office of Faith Formation.
• Creates and maintains a protocol and guideline handbook for parishes and ministry personnel for all typical Hispanic liturgical and paraliturgical celebration in the Diocese of Nashville (e.g., Quinceanera, Presentacion, Novenario, etc.).
• Coordinates with DREs the scheduling and liturgical requirements for the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation.
• Assists with the Rite of Election.
• Provides background and guidance on cultural aspects of Hispanic ministry for non-Hispanic ministry personnel.
• Assists the Tribunal in translating documents and forms into Spanish, proofreading existing documents, and communicating with Spanish-speaking parties.
• Ensures Safe Environment protocols are properly communicated and followed.
• Develop data-driven strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of Hispanic Ministry efforts and initiatives.
• Prepares yearly budget plans and manages monthly budget required for the Hispanic Ministry branch of the Office of Faith Formation.
• Performs other duties assigned by the Director of the Office of Faith Formation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 3-5+ years of active participation in a Hispanic community in the United States.
• Bachelor's degree in Theology or related field preferred.
Must be able to read, understand, speak, and write Spanish and English with near perfect fluency (i.e., Superior to Distinguished on the ACTFL proficiency scale). Must also complete a wide range of communication tasks including occasional public speaking and effective composition skills for writing promotional materials.
• Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
• Active parish and diocesan involvement.
• Knowledge of Church doctrine and practice.
• Demonstrated competency in writing and public speaking.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with computer programs, web-based software, and social media platforms.
• Ability to travel frequently to off-site events and to work on evenings and weekends.
Interested applicants should apply by copying the following URL into their browser: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1449456/Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Nashville/Assistant-Director-of-Faith-Formation-for-Hispanic-Ministry