The Office of Immigrant Services (OIS) is a DOJ recognized law office that provides immigration legal services to immigrants and refugees in our community. This program offers legal assistance with family reunification, adjustment of status for refugees and asylees, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) renewals, and humanitarian services under the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), and more. Other OIS services include The [email protected] (The Lab) which provides educational and informational opportunities while closing the technology gap in the community.
The OIS Administrative Assistant will provide referrals to the immigrant and refugee community; such referrals will be for immigration legal matters, as well as all activities carried out through The Lab. This position reports to the OIS Program Leader and has no supervisory responsibilities.
A full benefits package accompanies the position and include: 17 vacation days, 12 sick days, 13 paid holidays, health/dental/vision, 403(b) match, free life insurance, and retirement plan participation.
• Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them, as appropriate
• Schedule appointments as needed
• Schedule interns and volunteers
• Maintain open communication with clients, updating them on changes with their cases as needed
• Purchase materials, plan inventory
• Process payments
• Schedule clients for The Lab
• Serve as a point of reference for Lab users across East Tennessee
• Provide technical support for The Lab when needed
• Support OIS Program Coordinators
• Invoice clients for services and deposit fees as needed
• Actively participate in team meetings
• Demonstrate ability to successfully work as part of a team
• Fulfill administrative duties as assigned by the Program Leader
• Must be able to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs
• Must pass all required screenings
• Must maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity, trust, and confidentiality
• Must have strong organizations skills and ability to multi-task in fast-paced work environment
• Must be detail-oriented, compassionate, and have an interest in immigration law
• Must maintain any training and certification requirements
• Must support the teachings of the Catholic Church and embody our organization's mission and culture through behavior and daily interactions
• Regular and predictable on-site attendance is required
• An Associate's degree is preferred or equivalent work experience
• Qualified candidates must be fluent in English and Spanish (both oral and written), with excellent interpretation and translation skills
• Experience with immigration law preferred
• Proficient with MicroSoft Office Suite
To apply submit resume to "[email protected]" and indicate "OIS Admin Assistant" in the subject line.