MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS - Seeking a highly-motivated, self-starter with a heart for helping those in crisis.
Catholic Charities of East Tennessee in searching for a Program Leader for our Emergency Shelter Services. Our Emergency Shelter Services include the Children's Emergency Shelter and Samaritan Place, both located in Knoxville, TN.
The Children's Emergency Shelter provides safety and security in a home-like atmosphere for children removed from the home due to allegations of abuse or neglect. The Children's Emergency Shelter provides the time needed for the courts and/or DCS to find placement with family members.
Samaritan Place provides shelter and support for seniors in crisis and/or victims of crime, allowing time for case managers to assist and arrange for the best possible living situation. Samaritan Place is a non-medical facility and guests are able to function independently, our client specialists are on-site 24/7 to ensure client safety and security.
*** Comprehensive benefits packages offered ***
The Emergency Shelter Services Program Leader is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, controlling, and promoting the emergency shelters in Knoxville. This position is full-time and assumes rotational on-call responsibilities. This position reports to the Director of Programs and has supervisory responsibilities.
• Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
• Create and maintain up-to-date Program Policy Manuals.
• Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
• Recommend funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
• Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
• Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
• Develop forms and records to document program activities.
• Provide a safe environment for staff, clients, and volunteers and report any safety concerns to the Director of Programs.
• Collect, control, and enforce acceptance of rent payments, service fees, house rules, and lease compliance, as applicable.
• Maintain facility through monitoring and arranging for maintenance requests.
• In consultation with the Director of Programs and HR Manager, recruit, interview, and select qualified program staff, including volunteers.
• Direct, plan and coordinate the work of the program staff including supervision and evaluation, training, and team building.
• Organize and attend weekly departmental meetings to maintain effective communication.
• Ensure adequate and qualified staff to carry out the program activities.
• Be on-call for emergencies or arrange for 24/7 on-call coverage for emergencies.
• Write reports on the program for management and for funders.
• Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements.
• Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget.
• Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines.
• Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
• Report evaluation findings to the Director of Programs and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
• Hold and/or attend regular staff meetings and use all forms of communication effectively.
• Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the program.
• Collaborate with the Development staff to create marketing and communication materials that promote the program.
• Must be able to move objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
• Must hold a valid driver license with an F-endorsement and maintain a clean driving record
• Must be flexible and able to work occasional alternate shifts including weekends, weekdays, and holidays
• Must pass all DCS-required screenings to include: fingerprinting, background checks, reference checks, physicians release, and TB testing
• Must be willing to travel if required
• Must maintain any training and certification requirements
• Must support the teachings of the Catholic Church and embody our organization's mission and culture through behavior and daily interactions
• Regular and predictable on-site attendance is required
• Bachelor's degree in Social Services or related field is required
• Master's degree is preferred
• Minimum 3 years' supervisory experience is required
• Minimum 5 years' experience in social services field is required
• Experience working in a residential treatment facility is a plus
• Experience with MicroSoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Experience with Case Management Software
• Must be able to problem solve and multitask effectively
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Must have high ethical standards
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected] Indicate "Emergency Shelter Services Program Leader" in the subject line.