The Youth Director is responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and execution of parish programs designed to engage and educate the youth (ages 13-18) of the parish. The Youth Director will work to encourage, inspire and engage with the youth on their faith journey.
• Collaborate with the DRE, pastor and Principal to define the strategic direction of the Youth Ministry (Middle School and High School) program.
• Responsible for planning and facilitating weekly sessions with youth during the school year.
• Responsible for recruiting and training a team of volunteers to serve as small group leaders.
• Act as Ignite coordinator in supervising middle school ministry.
• Responsible for planning appropriate events and retreats to serve as fellowship and spiritual opportunities for youth, including the confirmation retreat.
• Coordinate involvement in Diocese and community activities such as Holy Fire, Youth 2000, Search, World Youth Day, March For Life, and Regional and National Youth Conferences.
• Actively recruit youth to participate in the Youth Ministry program throughout the year.
• Maintain a high degree of visibility and involvement in the church and with youth in the community.
• Collaborate with other Youth Ministry leaders within the diocese to seek solutions and ideas.
• Adhere to Diocesan Safe Environment guidelines and ensure timely completion of all required background checks for volunteers.
• Participate in the budgeting process and adheres to sound budgeting practices.
• Interact and collaborate with parents in a professional and respectful manner to communication the visions and specific components of the Youth Ministry Department.
• A faithful and practicing Catholic.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of the teachings and Liturgy of the Roman Catholic Church preferably with previous experience working in a Roman Catholic Parish
• Certified Catechist or willingness to pursue certification
• Experience interacting with and leading teens
• Preferred experience with graphics, videos and social media content development.