MAKE A POSITIVE IMPACT IN THE LIVES OF OTHERS - Seeking compassionate candidates who have a heart for helping those in crisis.
We have immediate full-time openings for Care Specialists at our Emergency Shelter Services. Our care specialists are cross-trained for our Children's Emergency Shelter and Samaritan Place, both located in Knoxville, TN.
The Children's Emergency Shelter provides safety and security in a home-like atmosphere for children removed from the home due to allegations of abuse or neglect. The Children's Emergency Shelter provides the time needed for the courts and/or DCS to find placement with family members.
Samaritan Place provides shelter and support for seniors in crisis and/or victims of crime, allowing time for case managers to assist and arrange for the best possible living situation. Samaritan Place is a non-medical facility and guests are able to function independently, our client specialists are on-site 24/7 to ensure client safety and security.
Starting Pay Rate: $14.25 per hour
Full-time Benefits Include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $50,000 life insurance
- Accrual of 17 vacation days annually
- Accrual of 12 sick days annually
- 403(b) up to 3% match
- Employer contribution of 6% to a Lay Retirement Plan
- Double time on holidays
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Ensure the supervision and safety of clients at all times
• Ensure clients are present and ready for all daily activities
• Ensure that meals are prepared and served on time
• Assist with individual and group activities
• Provide or arrange for transportation when needed
• Be prepared and respond to emergency situations as dictated by policy
• Be aware of, and follow, all program policies and procedures
• Keep the facility inspection ready at all times
• Ensure clients are completing housekeeping activities appropriately
• Monitor facility and complete maintenance requests as needed
• Ensure daily record keeping is completed and accurate
• Attend all staff meetings and trainings
• Utilize all forms of communication appropriately
• Follow procedure for emergency on-call rotation
• Work the shifts scheduled and have prior approval for any changes
• Demonstrate the ability to successfully work as part of a team
Our employees enjoy a casual work environment, opportunities for development, and a real opportunity to make a difference.
• Must be over 18 years of age
• Must be able to move objects weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Must be able to ascend/descend stairs
• Must hold a valid driver license with an F-endorsement and maintain a clean driving history
• Must provide proof of auto insurance and coverage
• Must be flexible and able to work flexible hours based on the needs of the program including weekends, weekdays, and holidays (double pay)
• Must pass all required screenings to include: fingerprinting, background checks, reference checks
physicians release, and TB testing prior to start date
• Must maintain any training and certification requirements
• Must support the organization's (Catholic Charities of East Tennessee) mission and culture through behavior and daily interactions.
• Regular and predictable on-site attendance is required
• Mandatory to remain awake and alert during shift to monitor client safety
• High School Degree or equivalent is required
• Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to provide client services
• Attentiveness to the needs and safety of clients at all times
How to Apply:
Applicants should send resumes to [email protected] Please indicate "Client Specialist" in the subject line of the email.
While we sincerely appreciate all applicants, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
"We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran."
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a background check.
This employer uses E-Verify.
Keywords: Direct Care, Social Work, Case Work, Residential, Youth Ministry, senior, children's services, shelter, children, child