Cardinal Newman School of Columbia, South Carolina is accepting applications for a dependable mathematics teacher for the 2023-2024 academic year. The candidate will be skilled in developing students' critical thinking and problem-solving skills and will employ a variety of instructional strategies to ensure that all students are challenged to progress toward mastery of complex concepts. The candidate must be able to integrate technology in a one-to-one classroom environment. Course levels will include college preparatory and honors algebra II and algebra III/trigonometry. The New teacher orientation begins on August 2nd.
• Understanding the curriculum and developing schedules, lesson plans, and teaching methods that will help students cover the required content.
• Preparing and delivering lessons that are stimulating and clear.
• Setting up tests, assignments, and projects and grading students fairly.
• Ensuring appropriate resources and consultation times are available to students.
• Maintain strict records of student attendance, participation, homework, lab work and test results.
• Plan and supervise at least one field trip per school year, obtaining parental permission for all students involved and ensuring student safety when outside the school.
• Attending staff and parent meetings, conferences, workshops, and other continuing education programs.
• Handling various administration functions, which include updating student records and keeping track of lab supplies, tools, and equipment.
• Ensuring a safe, healthy classroom environment where learning can take place.
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics or a related discipline, although a master's or above is preferred.
• Teaching certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of teaching styles is recommended.
• Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to inspire and motivate students.
• Strong multitasking skills.
To apply, please submit a resume, official or non-official college transcript, and the contact information for two references (references will not be contacted until after an interview) to [email protected]. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt until the position is filled.
Columbia, SC 29223