The Youth Ministry program at Saint Francis by the Sea forms young people in their relationships with Jesus Christ, nurtures those relationships through discipleship, and fosters their ability to bring Christ to others.
The Youth Minister will comprehensively rebuild this ministry, creating the structures for forming young people in both small group and large group environments. The Youth Minister will incorporate new approaches that appeal to young people on a personal level, meeting them where they are and challenging them to discern and achieve the abundance Christ has in store for them (John 10:10). The family will be the foundation of the Youth Ministry program, and the Youth Minister will work closely with families to evangelize, disciple, and train young people for ministry themselves.
The Youth Minister is responsible for:
• Recruiting and directing volunteer mentors to facilitate small groups of no more than 8 single gender youth
• Organizing large group activities that include (but are not limited to):
o Liturgical celebrations
o Diocesan events
o Service projects
o Mission trips
o Social events
• Developing relationships with families within the parish and school
• Training small group mentors
• Outreach to youth at community and school events, e.g., sports, drama, music events
• Communicating regularly with parents and parishioners
• Adhering to and training volunteers in Diocesan Safe Environment guidelines
• Responding to emails and telephone calls in a timely manner
• Managing rosters
• Managing the budget
• Collecting permission slips, insurance forms, and other documentation
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer McGlynn, Director of Faith Formation, at the email listed above.