The Assistant reports directly to the DRE and is a fully initiated, participating member of the Roman Catholic Church. Assistant serves as a staff resource in support of the DRE, Youth Minister and Adult Faith Formation Director managing administrative functions associated with the programs. This position requires creativity and self-motivation. Coordination and collaboration with staff members and parishioners is crucial. This individual must be open to working hours that involve evenings, weekends, and special events as necessary. Bilingual English and Spanish desired.
• Providing administrative support to the Youth Director and Adult Faith Formation Coordinator.
• Inputting data on Parish Soft and creating new Excel spreadsheets, e.g., registration, receipt of sacramental records, sponsor certification forms and data for Confirmandi and Catechumens,
• Entering data on mechanized records for class, class attendance, and Mass attendance for individual students.
• Creating Word/Publisher Documents for handouts.
• Preparing and filing folders for new students.
• Preparing information packets for parents attending instruction classes for First Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation.
• Distributing teacher letter from DRE.
• Assisting as a team member for family faith formation, and as needed, youth ministry
• Preparing and stuffing envelopes for parent letters, mail or place in teacher's boxes for distribution.
• Helping prepare lesson schedules and plans for use by the catechists and parents.
Skills / Qualifications
• Fully initiated, participating member of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Ability to work with the varied gifts and talents of other staff members, catechists, parents, and students and maintain a teamwork mentality
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint and ability to learn parish administrative programs used in the position, e.g., Parish Soft
• Able to work independently and attentive to detail
• Possess a firm knowledge of "best practices" in Religious Education and catechesis.
• Successful completion of Safe Environment requirements mandated by the Diocese of Charleston to allow for engagement with youth