Our parish is looking for a middle school youth minister who can also begin college campus ministry at two local colleges.
Youth & Young Adult Ministry--the parish youth & young adult ministry integrates adolescent catechesis into a comprehensive ministry to, with, by and for young people. The Youth & Young Adult Minister responsibilities include:
• Primary job functions are to minister to, evangelize, and catechize youth and families. This is a ministerial position that allows for the development of programming in which to accomplish the primary job functions.
• Evangelize youth and families and gather them as community.
• Catechize youth through weekly age appropriate gatherings (6th grade, 7th and 8th grade groups).
• Pastoral Care for youth and families before, during, and after crisis situations.
• Teaching the youth to develop an understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and Prayer & Worship.
• Actively teaching and training student leaders as 'servant leaders.
• Recruiting, training, and facilitating a team of catechists and ministers which is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating the ministry and formation of youth in grades 3 to 8.
• Serving as an active member of the Office of Youth Ministry & Formation providing vision, direction, support, and advocacy for the parish ministry with youth.
• Coordinating the recruitment, training, supporting, and evaluating of student leaders in the youth ministry program.
• Developing a systematic and intentional plan for catechesis according to Diocesan curriculum guidelines for grade levels that utilizes a creative variety of formats, settings, and timeframes.
• Researching and providing resources (print, video, archdiocesan events) for effective programming.
• Providing appropriate training for the adults and young people in leadership positions.
• Teaching, developing, and coordinating the Confirmation programs.
• Fostering the involvement of young families in the life of the parish, including serving on various parish committees and being involved in parish activities.
• Participating in the diocesan association of professional youth ministers and in any local youth ministers association.
• Continuing to seek training and education as both Youth Minster and Catechist.
• Assists in the planning and implementation of 'staple' departmental projects.
Experience: 0-3 years
Education: Bachelor's degree in Theology, Catechetics, Education or a related field and/or youth ministry certification.
• Microsoft Office Proficient
• Technology/social media proficient
• Bi-Lingual a plus
• Ability to prioritize work and work under deadlines
• Effective, welcoming communication skills
• Heart for youth and ministry