The Diocese of Providence seeks a versatile multimedia content creator and storyteller with a knowledge of Catholic topics and who preferably has fluency in Spanish language. Working collaboratively within a team, the Communications Specialist will be responsible for a growing portfolio of multimedia platforms and channels representing the diocese and related Catholic entities in both English and Spanish.
• Plan and execute robust, engaging content for a variety of social media, web, and other digital channels representing the diocese, Catholic schools, diocesan ministries, and others. Be a key player in the strategic planning of digital media content that has an emphasis on championing the good work of the Church and the Gospel message.
• Manage a growing portfolio of social media channels and/or webpages. Work closely with stakeholders from various diocesan offices, ministries, and entities on a recurring basis to proactively identify worthwhile and engaging content opportunities.
• Develop engaging spiritual content including using scripture, prayer, reflections, the saints, liturgy, history, and church life.
• Lead efforts to produce short form video media (such as Reels, Shorts, stories, podcasts, and more) coordinating and using production vendors and tools.
• Assist the Office of Communications and Public Relations with other on-going and one-time communications initiatives to promote the mission and work of the Catholic Church in Rhode Island.
• Curate a content planning calendar and cloud-based photography library for use across all digital media. Work closely with and manage requests to the graphic designers.
• Report periodically on the impact of digital efforts through use of analytics tools.
• Coordinate and speak at occasional professional development workshops for ministerial and support staff in parishes, schools, and other institutions.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, TV/film/broadcast, or related disciplines or equivalent professional and/or military experience required
• 2+ years of experience in producing digital communications and media preferred
• Working Spanish language fluency preferred
• Capability to operate videography equipment, use Adobe Creative Cloud, and use similar software and tools a plus
• Practicing Roman Catholic in communion with the Church
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of the Catholic faith and serve as a witness to its mission
• Collaborative personality and work style
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and take initiative
• Term: Full-time exempt, 40 hours per week
• Compensation: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience averaging between $52,000-$62,000 plus benefits package including health, dental, vision, 403b, paid vacation sick and personal time, and more
• Reports to: Director of Communications and Public Relations
• To apply: Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] or [email protected].