St. Lucy Roman Catholic Church, in Middletown, RI, is praying for a full-time or part-time* Youth and Family Minister who will assist the pastor and staff in evangelization and catechesis of all ages. A special emphasis will be placed on rebuilding a youth and young adult program, and outreach to families. Duties include, but not be limited to organizing events or retreats to encourage community building, teaching faith formation classes and other educational programs, coordinating and training volunteers, and communicating with church staff about faith education needs.
* Position may be full or part-time, depending on one's abilities, availability, education, qualifications and experience. The minister will be available for weekend services and evenings as required.
The Minister will be strong in moral character and witness to the Christian Faith and be an organized and communicative leader, versed in social media and contemporary issues.
Duties may include:
• Outreach to local families and parishioners using social media and direct contacts
• Train and recruit volunteers for efficient implementation of church programs
• Provide assistance to families and individuals help them realize their individual goals
• Administer and plan programs
• Coordinate with parents of youth group members regarding their children's involvement and participation in the church
• Assist in faith formation program
• Participate and contribute to staff and parish meetings
• Train members on how to be future faith-filled leaders and set up programs to facilitate spiritual growth
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with various leaders in the community for purposes of swift outreach programs
• Be present to youth and families especially during Masse and services
Middletown, RI 02842