Job Title: School Nurse
Location: Overbrook Academy
Terms: Full Time
Located in scenic New England and surrounded by the quiet residential neighborhood of Greenville, Rhode Island, Overbrook Academy, is a private international Catholic boarding school for young ladies in 6th through 11th grade offering quality education to its students providing the most appropriate and safe environment, facilities, programs, and personnel. Overbrook Academy is seeking for a full time School Nurse.
The School Nurse is responsible for the overall health and wellbeing of all students, ensuring that health care policies and procedures adhere to best practice, ensuring all students receive the appropriate care and attention in a timely and professional manner for any illnesses, injuries and accidents that occur during the school year, and the management of pre-existing conditions, allergies, special dietary requirements that the students have upon arrival.
• Collate and manage all medical information in relation to students
• Communicate with parents regarding any medical issues in relation to students
• Communicate with staff where necessary in relation to student health
• Develop and maintain healthcare policies and ensure all staff and students are adhering to best practices
• Log all nurse and doctor visits and to produce group or personal reports when required for the formation team or parents when necessary
• Coordinate/implement all vaccination programs offered at the Academy
• Coordinate all special diets
• Ensure all medication is locked in the nurse's office and labelled by student
• Ensure First Aid kits are placed in all appropriate areas throughout the school building and adjacent sports complex and order supplies where required to keep these maintained
• Coordinate with the head lice company and arranging lice checks at the beginning of the year on arrival and ensure regular checks are conducted in this regard to prevent spread.
• Coordinate the purchasing of all prescriptions and ensure all medicines are given out at the appropriate times according to the Academy Doctor's instructions as well as stored correctly.
• Work with other members of the Covid Management Team to ensure all protocols are being followed at the Academy
• Order any medical equipment required
• Help to guide and keep track of as well as perform the correct Covid protocols, including keeping a record of temperature checks as required, at the appropriate times throughout the day, for all students and all staff
• Ensure students are cared for, should they fall ill during the day, including consulting with the kitchen, to make snacks etc. if they are unable to eat at main mealtimes and supervising students in their rooms.
• Fire safety - ensure a log is kept and submitted to the Student Manager of who is sick in bed during day so that all students can be accounted for in the building in case of an emergency/fire evacuation, etc.
• Ensure night supervisors are aware of any students who are ill and leave instructions as appropriate in terms of any medication needing to be administered.
• Arrange First Aid courses as appropriate for key staff at the academy
• Conduct informative sessions from time to time for students on overall general health, hygiene and wellbeing including head lice prevention and the prevention of Covid-19.
• Registered Nurse (RN) or License Practitioner Nurse (LPN) Certification required
• 3 to 5 years professional experience, preferably with adolescent girls
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
• Excellent organizational skills
• Customer service attitude
• Ability to interact clearly constructively with parents
• Ability to work well within a team
• Self-motivated and results-oriented
• Friendly, patient and a good listener
• Positive, solutions-based attitude
• Must agree with flexible schedule
• Contribute to building the positive culture of organization
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Verbal, written and reading fluency in Spanish preferred
Benefits: Generous paid time-off: holidays, vacation, personal and sick time; full employee and family healthcare coverage; excellent 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Work Environment: In Greenville, RI collaborating with great people in achieving the Catholic Church's modern evangelizing mission!
With "School Nurse" in subject line, interested qualified individuals should apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/9763cf46-2737-4e25-ba3c-fa5401b52159/Overbrook-Incorporated
Application must include Cover Letter and Resume.
Any questions can be sent to Fernanda Castillo at [email protected]