The Diocese of Providence seeks an experienced content creator and visual storyteller with a knowledge of Catholic topics. Working collaboratively within a team in the Office of Communications and Public Relations, the Digital Media Storyteller will plan and create multimedia (video, audio, web, and social) content for a portfolio of channels representing the diocese and related Catholic entities.
• Plan and execute robust, engaging content for a variety of social media, web, and other digital channels representing the diocese, its ministries and impact. Be a key player in the strategic planning of digital media content that has an emphasis on championing the good work of the Church and the Gospel message.
• Manage a portfolio of social media channels and websites. Work closely with stakeholders from various diocesan offices, ministries, and entities on a recurring basis to proactively identify worthwhile and engaging content opportunities.
• Develop short video productions on stories of faith and other catechetical and evangelistic subjects, including planning, scripting, shooting, and post-production.
• Assist the Office of Communications and Public Relations with other on-going and one-time communications initiatives to promote the mission and work of the Catholic Church in Rhode Island.
• Curate a content planning calendar and cloud-based photography library for use across all digital media. Work closely with and manage requests to the graphic designers.
• Report periodically on the impact of digital and social media efforts through use of analytics tools.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, TV/film/broadcast, or related disciplines or equivalent professional and/or military experience required
• 3+ years of experience in producing digital communications and media preferred
• Capability to operate videography equipment, use Adobe Creative Cloud, and use similar software and tools
• Active and practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of the Catholic faith and serve as a witness to its mission
• Collaborative personality and work style
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize and take initiative
• Multilingual abilities are a plus
Term: Full-time exempt, 40 hours per week
Compensation: Competitive compensation commensurate with experience including comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, and more
Reports to: Director of Communications and Public Relations
To apply: Email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]