I. General Summary of Position
The Registrar and Academic Dean is responsible for maintaining student records including creating the framework for grading, processing student GPA's, rankings, and other data driven statistics, creating rosters and schedules for students and working with faculty on all student databases including PowerSchool and Schoology. The Registrar and Academic Dean produces all student reports including deficiency notices, report cards, as needs arise. This is a 12-month position.
II. Essential Duties
• Promotes the essential characteristics and fundamental values of the Catholic school; advances a spirit conducive to prayer and study across the school community.
• Maintains accurate student records to ensure data integrity for GPA's, rankings and other data driven statistics.
• Administers and coordinates all functions on PowerSchool and Schoology including rosters, scheduling
• Communicate with students, parents and faculty regarding PowerSchool and Schoology
• Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of all student related academic data.
• Attend parent meetings as needed for any issues that arises regarding academics
• Leads in-coming, out-going and transfer student coordination of data.
• Requests official transcripts and responds to transcript requests.
• Inputs and verifies grades for report cards, runs report cards and assists with preparation for mailing.
• Prepares grade standing reports, inclusive of honor lists, etc.
• Responsible to determine graduation eligibility and planning commencement activities.
• Keeps accurate records of students' additions and withdrawals during the school year and notifies appropriate school personnel.
• Maintains an accurate count of the school's enrollment.
• Coordinates with Academics Affairs on schedules, rosters and report cards.
• Consults with Admissions, Faculty, and Staff on course offerings, schedules and programs.
• Follows Nazareth Academy High School's policies and procedures.
• Update course catalog on an annual basis
• Organizes course information day
• Online course selection
• Conduct course verification
• Verify course pre-requisites and GPA requirements
• Teaches as indicated by the Asst. Principal and Principal
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
III. Supervisory/ Management Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred
• 3-5 years' experience required, preferred experience in an educational setting
• Strong collaborative, organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work productively and positively with staff, parents and community
• Strong motivational skills
• Ability to promote an environment which fosters high expectations for students, staff and self
• Completed FBI fingerprinting, child abuse clearance, and criminal history checks
V. Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Frequency: R-Rarely (0-15%); O-Occasionally (15-50%); F-Frequently (51-100%)
Communication Working Conditions
Phone F Indoor F
Copier F Outdoor R
Computer F Extreme Temperature Changes R
Fax O Cold Temperatures R
Smart Phone R Warm Temperatures R
Loud Noise O
Mental Demands Physical Demands
Problem Solving F Sitting F
Decision Making F Standing O
Supervise R Lifting (Up to 30 pounds required) O
Interpret Data F Lifting Greater 30 pounds R
Organize F Walking O
Write F Driving R
VI. Nazareth Academy High School Standards
• The employee will represent Nazareth Academy High School in a positive, professional manner with fellow employees and within the communities served.
• The employee will encourage and maintain teamwork throughout the organization and will communicate all pertinent information in a timely and effective manner.
• The employee will endeavor to maintain our integrity by embracing high ethical standards and adhering to policies.
• Consistently demonstrates Guiding Values, Integrity, Teamwork, and Community.