Saint John Vianney Center (SJVC) is a licensed, psychiatric hospital providing behavioral health and addictions treatment to Clergy and, Men and Women Religious. We are seeking qualified candidates for a position in our Spiritual Care Department.
The Spiritual Care Advisor functions as a member of the Clinical Team in providing individual sessions, facilitating groups, and participating in treatment planning for patients. The Spiritual Care Advisor brings faith, vocation and spirituality to the assessment and treatment process.
The Spiritual Care Advisor strengthens Saint John Vianney Center's mission by:
• Provides individual spiritual care to Saint John Vianney Center residents. Specifically, Spiritual Care Advisor sessions and assessments will always ask how faith, vocation and spirituality relate to diagnosis and treatment.
• Completes Spiritual Care Assessments per facility policy.
• Assists in development and implementation of resident treatment plan in the context of an interdisciplinary approach to care.
• Supports spiritual care needs of patients in consultation with the clinical treatment team.
• Attends Treatment Team meetings and reports on resident progress in spiritual wellness.
• Prepares and facilitates groups that are within the scope of one's expertise, to include aspects of spiritual integration within clinical programming.
• Willingness to be part of a collaborative and collegial departmental culture that promotes professional development.
• Collaborates with chaplain in development and implementation of specific spiritual and liturgical programs, services, and events, (i.e., Clinical Staff Retreat, Days of Renewal, etc.).
• Contributes to discharge planning (e.g., by assisting residents in aspects of their wellness plan, etc.).
• The Spiritual Care Advisor is expected to adhere to the Ethical and Religious Directives mandated by the program.
• Education/experience - Required: Certificate in Spiritual Direction, or CPE unit(s), or credentialing in addiction and recovery work, or proven experience in a field related to Spiritual Care. Preferred: Master's Degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Theological Studies, or equivalent. Additional documented experience and training is required for assigned clinical services.
• Ability to use Microsoft Outlook required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to work on-site five (5) days per week.
Competitive Salary and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, SJVC provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees and their family members. Our benefit programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, employer sponsored life insurance, mental health services and an employee assistance program. In addition, SJVC offers voluntary/employee paid supplemental vision, life, and accident coverage.