COORDINATOR OF INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP RETREATS - MSBT
Job Title: Retreat Center Coordinator
Department: Mother Boniface Spirituality Center
Purpose of job: This position will provide administrative, operational and hospitality support to individuals and groups who hold their retreats and events at the Mother Boniface Spirituality Center.
• Process event inquiries from intake to implementation. Inquiries may come via phone, email, website, and/or in-person inquiries. May be the first point of contact in booking events.
• In collaboration with the Executive Director, assess the full needs of the individual, group, and/or organization to support their retreat and gathering as needed.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with all individuals, groups, and organizations utilizing the Mother Boniface Spiritualty Center for gatherings and retreats.
• Along with the spirituality center team welcome groups during the event and provide onsite retreat support. This may require evenings and weekends.
• Coordinate logistical support for events by effectively collaborating with operational departments, that is food service, maintenance, and housekeeping services, to arrange for support and internal services.
• Ensure that retreat rooms are set up to meet the required needs for event activities and presentation. This includes arranging for audiovisual needs and table and chair arrangements.
• Process event agreements and ensure their accuracy. Send to host coordinators in a timely fashion. In collaboration with the Executive Director, assess fee structure for groups.
• Create and post event directional signs, welcome signs and room assignment notices within the facility.
• Coordinate and file all event specific documents, keeping them organized and easy to locate digitally.
• Close all events and checking rooms for readiness for next group, and notifying any maintenance needs to Executive Director.
• Collaborate with the Vocations Coordinator in updating social media and website posts regarding retreats and events at the center.
• Actively participate in staff meetings and provide updates and recommendations to improve services and programs
• Follow up on Retreat Evaluations
• Order office supplies and maintain the copy/room space
• Provide administrative support to the MBSC staff team,
• Keep the Executive Director current with updates.
• 2-4 years' experience in retreat work, hospitality or ministry leadership preferred, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the above-described duties.
• Experience with event coordination and retreat planning.
• Knowledge and understanding of Catholic Church and organizations preferred.
• Must be detail orientated with strong organizations skills and experience with handling financial transactions.
• Fluent in Microsoft Office applications, especially in Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to welcome all who visit the MBSC with the utmost respect and openness.
• Excellent and effective interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work well with people of all ages
• Available to work some weekends and overnights.
• Open to listen and to diverse opinions and perspectives.
• The ability to be flexible, especially in regards to this positions' work schedule, and possess a willingness to adapt to changing situations and to learn new tasks
• Continuing education is encouraged, including seminars and conferences deemed necessary by the Director.
• A degree in Pastoral Ministry, Hospitality, and General
• Non-Profit Experience is a plus.
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.