Regina Angelorum Academy is an independent Catholic classical liberal arts school for students in PreK-8th grade. Located in Ardmore, PA, RAA is 5 miles west of Philadelphia and in the heart of the Main Line, drawing students from Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties. Transportation is provided within a 10-mile radius.
The school is committed to the joyful Christian formation of students, inspiring them to pursue wisdom and grow in virtue. It supports parents in their fundamental role as primary educators of their children and in their vocation to lead them to the truth. One distinctive example of the partnership between parents and school is our Wait Until (After) 8th pledge: we postpone introducing smartphones and social media to students until (at least) after 8th grade in order to foster a community attentive to what is real and hospitable to deep friendship.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a growing school community, Regina Angelorum Academy is transitioning to a President/Principal model of administration. In 2007, a core of founding families seeking to institute an academically excellent and authentically Catholic education opened the school for 29 students. The dedication of our principal, faculty, board and families, as well as the support of our pastor, have enabled the school to thrive: in 2023 the student body surpasses 170 and fills our current building. Regina Angelorum Academy is now positioned to move into its next stage of growth and development: enlisting a President to lead our administration will advance this goal.
The President will serve as the chief executive and report to the Board. The President will be responsible for the overall direction of the school, focusing on strategic vision, development, facility planning, and external affairs. The Principal will report to the President and be responsible for all day to day functions including curriculum, faculty guidance, student life, and adherence to mission and excellence.
Key areas include:
- Development and implementation of a Strategic Plan to be approved by the Board.
- Continued enhancement of the Development function (and implementation) to ensure financial resources are consistent with capital growth objectives.
- Research, study, analysis and presentation of a feasible plan for a permanent facility to meet growth and functional needs including instruction, athletics and green space. (The timeline for a new facility is approximately 2-3 years.) The plan will also incorporate the potential possibility of expansion into secondary education and associated requirements.
- Human Resources functions including hiring/firing, staff development, compensation and overall quality controls (ensure adherence to state and federal laws and regulations).
- Lead marketing and enrollment efforts working in concert with the Principal and staff.
- Set the appropriate tone for the executive leadership of the school.
- Effectively manage the budget and finances of the school with Board direction.
- Ensure institutional commitment to the magisterium and adherence and enhancement to a truly classical Catholic education.
- Continuation and improvement of the overall student experience and student life opportunities.
- Serve as the "point" person with the Archdiocese of Philadelphia.
- Represent Regina Angelorum Academy to a multitude of external constituencies, fostering a positive view of the school.
- Ensure excellent and timely communication with parents' groups and individuals and provide formal and informal opportunities for parents to engage.
- Devout practicing Catholic
- Dedicated to the advancement of Catholic classical education
- Graduate degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong management leadership expertise
- Successful experience interacting with a Board
- Significant experience and/or exposure in academia through board or volunteer activities
- Ability to develop strong lasting relationships with faculty, staff, students, parents, Diocese and other constituencies
- Development experience including firsthand fundraising at multiple levels-annual events, annual giving, major gifts, etc.
- Business experience would be a plus
Regina Angelorum Academy has engaged Trinity Executive Partnership to facilitate this search. For inquiries, please contact Richard D. Sbarbaro, Managing Partner, [email protected] or (708) 531-0100. Please submit cover letter and resume to [email protected].