High School Theology Teacher
The Archdiocese of Philadelphia is accepting applications for Theology teacher positions in 2023-24 school year
Virtual interviews available
To review information about our schools and the Office of Catholic Education Please visit www.aopcatholicschools.org/About
Archdiocese of Philadelphia high schools are secondary educational institutions, which provide a safe and dynamic environment, which promote the spiritual, academic, and social development of the individual within the message of the Gospels.
Our schools offer a rigorous curriculum, designed to meet the individual needs of a diverse student body. We address the challenges our students will face by fostering critical thinking, creativity, communication and team building skills.
Our vision encompasses character development through faith formation, a collaborative effort for educational excellence and committed service to others.
RESPONSIBILITIES of Theology teachers include but are not limited to:
• Prepare and teach classes
• Follow the curriculum framework designated by United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
• Deliver engaging and structured lectures/lessons to students
• Collaborate with other department members to create course lesson plans and materials
• Develop in each student an understanding of the Catholic Faith
• Adapt materials and methods to develop assignments and lesson plans that guide and challenge students
• Ensures compliance with school and department policies, regulations and objectives.
• Must be a practicing Catholic, willing to uphold Catholic moral teaching and leading a life consistent with the Catholic Faith
• Bachelor's degree in theology, religious studies from a Catholic college or university
• Secondary teaching experience, preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), email, and social media preferred
• US Work Authorization is required qualification
• In classroom instruction at school location - not remote opportunity.
Candidates interested in application should send resume and transcripts to Barbara Guiliano, Human Resources Assistant at [email protected]
Applicants must be practicing Catholics as verified by the pastor of the parish in which the applicant is registered.
PA required clearances and official transcripts will be required before employment can begin.
Philadelphia, PA 19103