Digital Media Specialist, Diocese of Allentown
The mission of the Diocese of Allentown is: "A Roman Catholic family of faith, centered in the Holy Eucharist, faithful to the Church's teachings, bringing the Light of Christ to each other and to our community."
The Digital Media Specialist advances this mission through a variety of means, working with the Office of the Bishop and with all Secretariats in the Diocese.
The Office of Communications in the Diocese of Allentown is an extension of the Bishop's ministry of teaching and preaching in the five counties of the Diocese. The Digital Media Content Specialist must be well-formed in the Catholic faith and have a willingness and ability to represent the Bishop and the authentic teachings of the Catholic Church without equivocation through a wide range of communications and public relations activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• As first priority, support the needs of the Bishop's Office in articulating and promoting the mission of the diocese.
• Create and distribute marketing and communications materials including emails, social media content, and website content to support the Church and its ministries.
• Ensure that all digital and marketing communications are in alignment with the Diocese's vision and key messages.
• Ensure consistent messages across all platforms and diocesan institutions.
• Be the person primarily responsible for diocesan social media channels, including planning and creating content, posting as needed, and monitoring and responding as appropriate to comments.
• Be the person primarily responsible for diocesan web pages, and work with content owners throughout the Diocese to update existing content and design new pages as needed.
• Identify, track, and review data to monitor effectiveness and growth of digital communications.
• Create and distribute emails and other marketing materials to support diocesan priorities and special events.
• Help train other employees in how best to use digital communications tools.
• Support diocesan special events. Coordinate livestreaming of special Masses and events as needed.
• Special projects: This position involves a variety of duties that may not be traditional communications functions, but that contribute to advancing the Diocese's mission.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, or similar program, or a degree in another field accompanied by sufficient work experience in digital communications.
• 1-3 years of experience in digital marketing/communications.
• Experience and with various applications used to create digital content, including web content management systems (WordPress or similar)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to be creative, resourceful, flexible, and work collaboratively with others.
• Ability to set, manage, and meet deadlines.
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizer.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Facility with Adobe Creative Cloud, Hootsuite or similar, Canva, Google Analytics, and other digital media tools.
• Knowledge of Catholic theological and liturgical traditions.
Due to the nature and mission of the Catholic Church, all employees are bound to exhibit respect for the teachings and discipline of the Church in regard to matters of faith and morals, including maintaining a lifestyle which is in conformity with the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Reporting lines: Organizationally, this position is in the Office of Communications. It reports to the Director of Communications. In this capacity, the Digital Media Specialist works closely with the Office of the Bishop.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to sit, walk, and stand, talk and hear, both in person and by telephone. Use of hands to operate standard office equipment, with occasional reaching and lifting up to 10 pounds is required. Valid driver's license required.
Working Conditions: Regular work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. However, the incumbent also will be required to work outside normal hours occasionally (including some nights and weekends) to attend meetings and events and to handle urgent communications. This is a full-time salaried position. A hybrid remote working arrangement is possible provided all duties are fulfilled in timely and effective manner.
The Diocese of Allentown is an excellent place to work and to build a career. It offers competitive salary and excellent benefits, including health insurance and days off for standard holidays and for Holy Days.
Allentown, PA 18102