The Director of Admissions (DA) is a full-time, exempt staff position focused on engaging, recruiting, and enrolling students and families at Villa Joseph Marie High School, the only all-girls Catholic high school in Bucks County, PA. Working collaboratively with faculty, staff, and the enrollment committee of the board, the DA designs, improves, and implements processes to achieve annual enrollment goals. This senior administrative role reports directly to the President and manages a part-time Admission Associate.
The DA will have strong interpersonal skills and be a knowledgeable, approachable, and supportive representative of VJM to all constituencies. The DA will form relationships with interested and already enrolled families, exhibit consistent professional competence, and have a positive and engaging public presence in order to achieve annual goals for engagement, inquiries, applications, and enrollment. The DA's understanding of and support for Catholic and all-girls education must be heartfelt and clearly articulated. They will confidently use digital tools for communication, data gathering and analysis, and the overall admission process.
Key responsibilities focus on outreach/marketing, leading the admission process, and completing the enrollment cycle.
Establish and maintain relationships
• Work with feeder schools, middle school placement counselors, parent groups, and develop new feeder sources
• Support and cultivate relationships with local Catholic schools and class teachers
• Support and engage robust VJM parent Ambassador network
• Provide and review content for social media posts, ads, print and other collateral to build initial connections with parents and students
• Co-create and execute email and other outreach/communications strategies
• Identify and develop new feeder opportunities to enhance enrollment
Parent Tours and Open Houses
• Organize and lead tours, shadow days, and open houses (in person or remote as needed)
• Design program and create regular schedule for events
• Work closely with Admission Associate, Principal, and Dean of Academic Affairs to prepare the building to show the culture and mission of VJM
• Engage and train faculty, staff, students, alumni, parents, in events
• Host event and moderate panels and classroom experiences
• Organize and track inquiries
High School Fairs and Professional Associations
• Represent VJM at High School Fairs, individual middle schools events, and other admission events.
• Recruit and train student volunteers
• Participate in industry conferences and professional development gatherings
Prospective student shadow visits
• Host student shadow visits and other in-person or online activities to facilitate student to student connection
• Recruit, train and manage current students to host prospective students
• Review all applications for admission to VJM
• Schedule engaging admin/faculty-student interviews
• Organize, manage, and share data with the Admission Committee Meeting to review and decide upon all incoming students grade 9-12th
• Work closely with Business Office to help support equitable tuition model
• Manage scholarship and financial aid distribution in partnership with the Business Office and Admission Committee, maintaining a responsible discount rate
• Establish personal relationships and lines of communication with families to support their final decision to enroll at VJM
• Manage waitlist and parent expectations
• Host multiple retention committee meetings working with faculty, counseling, and administrative teams. Lead and track follow-up with families and students of concern
• Plan and host parent and student activities for newly enrolled families in spring/summer
• Facilitate connection with parent ambassadors to welcome new families to the VJM community
• Co-host welcome picnic in the summer before high school classes begin; includes recruiting and supporting parent and student volunteers; co-host incoming prayer service
Data analysis and communication
• Collect, analyze, track, update and convey data and trends to President
• Provide ongoing data and analysis to the President throughout the admission season
• Maintain regular communication with business office regarding current and potential students
Outstanding communication skills including writing, listening, responding, public speaking, and generating marketing content
• Strong organizational and computer skills, including knowledge of databases and spreadsheets
• Collaborative and uplifting management and work style
• Familiarity with basic statistical and data analysis
• BA or BS degree
• Familiarity with local Admission professional networks and willingness to participate in local and national organizations
• Knowledge of Catholic education preferred
• Proactive commitment to personal improvement and service to the VJM mission bringing energy and excitement to serving the students and faculty of our school
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
• May work at a desk and computer for extended periods of time
• Be able to occasionally lift to 30 lbs.
• Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including heat and cold
• Attendance at occasional evening and weekend events required
Benefits and Compensation
This is a full-time, exempt staff position, working throughout the calendar year. Benefits include medical, dental, pension plan (employer contributions after one year). Salaries are competitive and paid on a 12-month schedule.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to Ms. Tina Schuster, [email protected]. Resume review will begin May 10th.