Midwest Major Gifts Officer:
The Development Officer serves as a member of the development team, and reports directly to the Director of Development. This post would be based at the Vagabond Missions' national office in Pittsburgh, PA with frequent travel (monthly, at least) to the organization's Indianapolis, IN mission site.
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees the urgency of preaching the Gospel and evangelizing to the inner city.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising principles or a willingness to learn them.
- Minimum of two years of major gift fundraising experience.
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to handle the needs of a fast-paced office and the special needs of benefactors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others, especially volunteers.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with the Director of Development, other staff members, a development consultant, campus representatives, and volunteers.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and close major gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the organization.
- Calling donors or cold calling potential donors, up to 100 phone calls per week.
- Conduct a minimum of twelve (12) face-to-face visits monthly with potential benefactors.
- Travel to new cities, to do lots of identification and discovery work, which includes but is not limited to speaking at parishes and attending dinners or cocktail parties hosted by benefactors. Most of the travel will be to Indianapolis.
- Assist in the operation of fundraising events and annual appeals.
- Research prospective major donors, by sifting through our own database and referrals, as well as researching online.
- Work in collaboration with the area directors, to help them with major gift fundraising, research and identification, and fundraising events.
Salary, Benefits, etc.:
- Work a 40 hour work week with a set, but flexible, schedule, ie. 8 am - 5 pm, 9 am - 6 pm, etc.
- 12 days of vacation in the first year of employment.
- Monthly spiritual day.
- Competitive Salary
To apply by sending a resume/CV or obtain more information, please contact the Vagabond Missions Director of Human Resources, Brett McCaw ([email protected])
Pittsburgh, PA 15219