The Assistant Director of Nursing for McAuley Convent coordinates and supervises daily nursing services with the Director of Nursing. The ADON manages the nursing administrative and clinical functions of the Convent by directing, training and providing quality resident care and assuming duties of Director of Nursing in her absence. The ADON must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to the Sisters, including an understanding of the mission and values of the Sisters of Mercy, knowledge of the aging process, ability to assess each Sister's specific needs and provide the care needed.
• Provides daily direction to staff regarding care to be provided to the Sisters.
• Completes daily assignment and monthly work schedules while adjusting staffing based on established criteria, acuity and census; manages schedules and signs off in payroll software each pay period.
• Assists in the interviewing and hiring process of RNs, LPNs, and CNAs.
• Assures proper handling and safety techniques are followed by nursing personnel including use of lifting equipment.
• Assists in development and implementation of new nursing programs.
• Makes daily environmental rounds to assure Sister's living areas are clean and tidy.
• Reviews incident/accident reports and makes recommendations to assure safety and staff educational issues are addressed.
• Adjusts staffing based on established criteria, acuity and census.
• Works in collaboration with the Nursing Supervisor to complete performance evaluations for RNs, LPNs and CNAs
• Works with Human Resources on issues related to staffing, training, coaching, counseling, and discipline
• Holds monthly staff meetings on each shift; documents agenda and discusses issues/concerns
Education, Competencies and Experience
• Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
• Must possess current licensure from the state of Pennsylvania as a Registered Professional Nurse. Seeks and attends educational offerings to maintain necessary clinical skills and meet license requirements.
• Minimum of 5-7 years' prior supervisory experience in a nursing or long-term care setting.
• Prior experience with mature and geriatric population preferred. Has interest and understanding of the special needs of the older adult.
• Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, and Outlook.
• Familiarity with HRIS and Time & Attendance software.
Merion Station, PA 19066