Regina Coeli Academy is looking for an experienced Classical Educator as a Dean for our Middle School, with the following responsibilities:
i. Mentorship: this position is the immediate supervisor of the upper school faculty
- Perform monthly informal class observations and provide feedback to upper school teachers.
- Monitor teachers' class syllabi and weekly lesson plans.
- In concert with the advice of faculty, responsible for the overall architecture of the upper school pedagogy and curriculum.
- Ensure achievement of class objectives via assignments and assessments
- Ensure the effective and proper distribution of faculty duties; maintain overall morale.
- Primary point of contact for teachers in regard to schedule changes, planning, etc.
- Secondary point of contact for parents after homeroom teacher and a buffer to the headmaster.
- Communications "hub" for upper school parent e-mails and communications, with an emphasis on the incorporation and instruction of parents as primary catechists in partnership with teachers.
- Mentor incoming teachers in administrative functions, including parent communication, workload distribution, teaching strategies, discipline, and induction into classical pedagogy.
- Represent collective consensus of upper school body when necessary in required board meetings and faculty breakouts.
- Coordinate with Headmaster on teacher observations, evaluations, and ongoing performance.
- Organize/lead professional development specific to Grades 5-8.
Conduct monthly lunch meetings for calendar reminders, professional development, etc.
This position is full time with added teaching duties.
Part time will be considered for well-qualified candidates.