TEAM LEAD MISSIONARY
LOCATION(S): Pittsburgh, PA; Wichita, KS; Greenville, NC; Oklahoma City, OK; and Indianapolis, IN
STATUS: Full-time, Salaried (Support Raised)
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
BENEFITS: Housing, 2.5 weeks' vacation, optional health care, monthly retreat day
General Purpose of Position:
Strategy and Management. This position focuses strategy (dreaming, planning, and implementing, effective ministry in area) and management (building, training, and guiding local team of missionaries).
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Team Lead reports directly to the Area Director for ministry guidance and ultimately to the Ministry Lead. The Area Director, in cooperation with the Mission department, provides an annual evaluation of the Team Lead's performance.
The Primary Task:
The Team Lead is able to digest the Vagabond Missions model of ministry and encourage, train, and oversee it in a local team of missionaries.
Highly motivated and organized
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ample understanding of missionary life within Vagabond Missions
Demonstrates Vagabond Mission Core Values: Mission Drive, Self-Starter, Deep Prayer Life, Selfless/Serving Heart, Builder of Community, and Fun.
1. Attendance and Leadership at the following is expected: Weekly team Meetings, Breakout (Outreach) Nights, Bible Study/ Worship, Core Team Meetings, Sunday mass with teens and Jesus Class (RCIA).
2. Make yourself available to youth and staff in times of crisis.
3. Oversee, develop, and manage all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, and outreach.
4. Develop partnerships in the local area.
5. Keep records of youth participation.
6. In conjunction with the AD, manage expenses and the site ministry budget. 7. Disciple 3-5 teens in ongoing formation.
8. Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a teamwork mentality. Manage site missionaries and maintain communication with AD.
9. Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, groupme, phone, company apps.). Ensure communication with the local mission and leadership, parents, and the teens.
10.Fundraising (personal and occasionally local).
1. Living a mission driven life as a model missionary.
a. Rule of Life
b. Core Values
2. Ongoing model of ministry with teens.
a. Contact work, outreach, programs, discipleship
3. Collaborative team that share responsibilities.
a. Guiding team scheduling
b. Leading ministry strategies
4. Team culture in which missionaries are holy, healthy and successful. a. Twice a month or weekly 1:1s
b. Supportive attitude
5. Site team is engaged in the area they serve.
b. High schools
c. Volunteer recruitment
d. Meals/ donations
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
1. Must embrace Christian discipline and Catholic doctrine and theology. 2. A bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
3. Must possess a proven ability to oversee/ manage others, and delegate tasks effectively.
4. The ability to encourage team work/ team building.
5. Strongly demonstrates fundraising skills.
6. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and conflict management skills.
7. (Preferably) 3-5 years experience in youth ministry or mission work .
8. Working knowledge of Catechesis and youth ministry methodology.