Responsible for all parish marketing and communications including, but not limited to: marketing of parish programs, ministries and events; development and production of video clips, email and print communications, weekly and special bulletins, the parish website and social media interfaces; oversight of parish audio-visual systems, equipment (including for hearing impaired) and associated vendors. Recruitment, oversight and training of parish volunteers with the use of all A-V equipment. Serves as a designated spokesperson for the parish as required with the media, parishioners, volunteers, etc. Serves as project manager and coordinator when other parish staff, volunteers or vendors are involved.
• Write, film, direct and edit customized videos promoting parish ministries, events, programs and opportunities for involvement.
• Craft messages and video clips to support ministry and evangelization efforts.
• Manage and timely produce the weekly parish bulletin and bulletins for special events, i.e. Christmas/Easter. Key tasks include writing, editing, layout, use of photography/graphics, coordination with external print vendors.
• Design and print greeting cards, prayer cards, Mass cards, and thank you notes used by the parish.
• Oversee parish audio-visual equipment to ensure it is set up and tested in advance of events, operated appropriately and maintained. Recruits and instructs volunteers on proper use and operation of equipment and systems
• Manage and produce the layout, content, functionality and "look and feel" of the parish website.
• Responsible for timely (minimum weekly) updates to photographs, graphics,, animation, videos clips and overall content including updates, new and/or customized sections for diverse readers (i.e. appeal to targeted audience such as youth). Stays current on parishioner usage of the website. Identifies and tracks opportunities for continuous improvement, and makes recommendations for the ongoing evolution of the site.
• Provides timely and quality service by adhering to and ensuring organizational standards pertaining to communications and information technology, including maintaining parish Facebook, parish website, Narthex TV, Parish Data System support (PDS), media requests, telephone administration, Video Ministry, and communications oversight for email blasts, and parish publications.
• Maintains proficient professional and technical knowledge of technology, social media, marketing and communications by attending educational workshops, keeping up-to-date on professional publications and benchmarking "best practices" in professional segments.
• Responsible for problem identification and/or resolution of issues that arise in areas of media, communications, or information systems to assure end-user satisfaction.
• Interfaces with IT provider, ministry leaders, parishioners, staff, and outside vendors, as necessary, to ensure timely and quality production and delivery of marketing/communications materials.
• Provides strategic recommendations to parish staff regarding technology issues, process improvement, evaluating current trends and communications/media problem resolution.
• Serves as communication specialist to support parish special events
• Assist with other parish projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• B.A. Degree with focus on Marketing, Journalism, Communications or a related field
• 1-2 years' experience in marketing, journalism, communication, or equivalent internship
• Demonstrated business writing skills, video script writing and video production, web and social media content development
• Demonstrated ability to visualize as well as convey a message into relevant and interesting content in writing, photo/graphics/video and in verbal communication
• Experience in writing, producing, directing and editing videos
• Experience in writing and producing variety of business-oriented print materials
• Proficient in A-V equipment and able to train/instruct others in video production
• Proficient use of digital software programs, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and Web-based applications;
• Demonstrated experience with social media platforms, content development and updates (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Excellent verbal communication skills; comfortable addressing small, medium and large groups
• Strong interpersonal, problem solving/reasoning and organization skills
• Strong project management and coordination skills; able to keep multiple projects moving efficiently and effectively toward agreed upon deadlines.
• Thrives in a deadline-driven environment. Is proactive and creative. Works proactively and independently once project goals, scope, content and budget are determined and approved. A proactive communicator with management, collaborative with others on the staff; operates as a professional team member in a small-team environment.
• Ability to organize and manage a team of volunteers related to A-V equipment and other project execution
• Compliance with all Safe Environment Requirement, including Criminal and Child Abuse Clearances every five years, certificate of attendance of Protecting God's Children Workshop, Pastoral Code of Conduct, and Child Protective Services Law Acknowledgement.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Involves with walking/standing and climbing stairs on occasion. Minimal lifting or pushing/pulling. Lifting under 25 lbs. Operates office equipment pertaining to, such as printers, personal computers, scanners, video and audio equipment.
This job description provides a summary of the typical functions of the job, and is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties and that may be assigned. It also does not survey as a contract. By signing below you acknowledge the receipt of this job description.