Saint John Vianney Center (SJVC) is a licensed 50-bed psychiatric hospital providing behavioral health and addictive disease treatment for Clergy and Religious. Located in Downingtown, PA, SJVC is seeking qualified candidates for the Staff Accountant position. Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant provides exemplary leadership in accordance with SJVC's values, mission and philosophy.
SUMMARY: Under general direction from the Controller, the staff accountant will perform high-level accounting functions and financial tasks. The accountant is responsible for various aspects of financial accounting, including, posting journal entries, reconciling accounts, preparing financial analysis, and processing accounts payable/receivable.
ENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all accounts payable activities including accurately reviewing, coding, and processing vendor bills. Monitoring the aging schedule and reconciling to the ap liability account daily. Analyze vendor statements. Identify and correct duplicate invoices and payments. Assist with month-end accruals. Process correcting journals. Reconcile credit card and debit card statements and vendor statements.
• Record petty cash transactions and reconcile monthly.
• Assist in the accounts receivable "medical billing" process and functions daily. Assist in UBO4 claim processing.
• Record daily cash receipts and generate monthly cash receipts reporting. Perform bank account reconciliations in excel.
• Record biweekly payroll entries; reconcile monthly payroll bank account.
• Support monthly/annual close processes including balance sheet account reconciliations, ensuring that the general ledger is well maintained and closed out in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner. Prepare monthly prepaid expense amortization entries as well as maintain fixed asset schedules/prepare monthly depreciation entries.
• Provide financial status information by preparing special reports including trial balance analysis, completing special projects.
• In depth knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) with a minimum of 2 - 3 years financial accounting experience.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or related finance field required.
• Advanced MS Excel skills with emphasis on pivot tables, v-lookup
• Proficient in using accounting ERP systems.
• Highly detailed and organized.
• Ability to act and operate independently to achieve objectives.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Competitive Salary and Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, SJVC provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees and their family members. Our benefit programs include medical (including telemedicine), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, employee sponsored life insurance, mental health services and an employee assistance program. In addition, we offer voluntary/employee paid supplemental vision, life, and accident coverage.
Downingtown, PA 19335