Coordinator, Advancement Services and Operations
Norwood-Fontbonne Academy (NFA) is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and ambitious Coordinator, Advancement Services and Operations to serve as an integral member of its Mission Advancement team. NFA is a pre-K through grade 8, Catholic, independent, co-ed school sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph and located in the beautiful Chestnut Hill community in Philadelphia. The Coordinator is responsible for providing support for NFA's comprehensive Institutional Advancement program and team.
NFA is a vibrant community that strives to live out the mission of the Sisters of Saint Joseph, which challenges us to help each child grow as "one who enjoys learning, treasures self, others, and the earth, lives Gospel values, and makes reflective choices as a self-directed person." This position allows for a one-of-a-kind opportunity to interact directly with the students, families, and staff that make NFA the engaged and welcoming community that it is.
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Advancement (DIA), the Coordinator, Advancement Services and Operations oversees and maintains data integrity related to all constituent relations, with a focus on fundraising from individuals, institutions, and associations (i.e., Parents Association) related fundraising activities. The Coordinator possesses an acute attention to detail and deep understanding of best practices related to development, and demonstrates an ability to be innovative and proactive in all related use of such data.
The Coordinator has primary responsibilities for planning and executing all events sponsored by Advancement. These events require volunteer recruitment and management, planning, budgeting, execution, and follow-up that takes place throughout the year. Working in collaboration with the DIA, the Coordinator is also responsible for managing donor/prospect pipeline, identifying and qualifying new funding sources, and providing detailed assistance in support of corporate/foundation proposals and reports.
This position is an exempt, on-site, full-time, 12-month position and provides exceptional benefits, including paid time off over all school-related breaks and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as the database administrator for NFA's DonorPerfect database, conducting regular maintenance, ensuring data hygiene, administering secure access for all users, etc.
• Maintains data integrity related to all constituents and Advancement record keeping. Creates protocols and facilitates trainings, as needed, for consistent data entry and reporting.
• Performs gift processing and updates records in DonorPerfect in real time (alumni, parents, parents of alumni, faculty and staff, institutions, and friends of the school) as new information is provided.
• Provides pipeline and moves management support to the DIA and other Advancement staff.
• Conducts ad hoc prospect research.
• Completes all stewardship - including acknowledgements, pledge reminders, matching gift forms, etc. - in a timely manner; coordinates with others for personalization, as needed.
• Reconciles fund balances, provides audit documentation, verifies designation of gifts, reconciles credit card transactions (monthly), prepares reports for DIA for submission to Business Office.
• Builds reports and dashboards, pulls lists for communications, and provides regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually) reports to monitor progress towards fundraising goals.
• In collaboration with the Advancement team and select committees/groups, provides support in the planning and execution all Advancement events. This includes preparing mailing lists using specified criteria, entering and distributing attendee info, tracking RSVPs, preparing materials for the event, tracking attendance, and ensuring follow-up.
• Supports the Advancement team in submitted proposals to foundations and corporations and assists in the administration of NFA's tax credit scholarship program.
• Attends select non-Advancement and school related events and other Advancement initiatives, which may fall outside of regular business hours.
• Maintains Advancement operating budget, tracks expenses, submits requests, follows up with vendors as necessary, participates in annual budget review and justification.
• Provides office support for Advancement, as needed (ordering supplies, letter preparation, calendars, etc.).
• Attend select non-advancement or school related events and other advancement initiatives.
Essential Skills, Requirements, Education, and Experience
• Demonstrates a commitment to embracing Catholic education, specifically the mission of NFA and the Sisters of Saint Joseph.
• Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred. Education preferably supplemented by advanced training in advancement services, plus two years of experience, preferably in advancement/development, in an educational setting or other relevant organization. Preference for independent school experience.
• High proficiency with fundraising databases/constituent relationship management systems; DonorPerfect experience preferred; Microsoft Office Professional Suite, Google Suite skills desired.
• Event planning experience preferred.
• Excellent analytical, organizational, time management, and writing skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Exceptional personal integrity, accountability, and commitment to results.
• A team player and team builder that has a passion for and commitment to achieving excellence in all aspects of the school's mission.
• Ability to multi-task and work independently.
• Ability to manage multiphase projects from inception to completion.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; editing experience preferred.
• Strong ability to identify and resolve issues.
• Results-oriented, able to see concepts and ideas through to implementation with the assistance of key constituencies; demonstrates a strong ability to set and meet deadlines.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, requiring minimal direction for completing assignments and projects.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of introduction and resume to Riley Beetner at [email protected] No phone inquiries, please.