Job Title Marketing & Communications Manager (Part Time, 24 hours)
Classification Staff | Member of Advancement Team
Reports to Advancement Director
The Marketing & Communications Manager provides a broad range of communications, marketing and public relations leadership to the entire organization. This includes planning, development, and implementation of support materials and services relative to communication/promotions, public relations, and all special events. All responsibilities are performed to promote the pro-life mission, vision, and core operational values of AWC.
• Public Relations, Marketing, and Advertising
o Lead the strategy, development, and implementation of a communication and marketing plan to manage the brand, reach potential clients, promote AWC's overall mission, and increase and grow donor contributions.
o Work cooperatively with all departments in implementing the communications and marketing plan and in providing effective and efficient communications, marketing, public relations, and event planning support for all areas of AWC.
o Oversee public impact projects, programs, and activities to encourage, maintain, and increase public awareness of AWC.
o Responsible for the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print promotional, educational, informational materials including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, flyers, posters, event promotions, etc.
o Oversee and assist with the development, updating, and maintenance of AWC marketing efforts, including but not limited to website(s), advertising, and social media presence. Ensure that websites and social media sites are achieving activity goals, as well as remaining current, accurate, user friendly, inviting, effective, and reflective of AWC mission.
o Create spirit of gratitude for all gifts of time, talent and treasure.
o Implement recognition programs and opportunities for the expression of thanks.
o Nurture and cultivate relationships with constituents, churches, business sponsors, and other amenable organizations.
* Passionately pro-life; expresses full agreement with and acts in concert with AWC's Mission Statement.
* Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university or college in Business, Marketing or a related field.
* A minimum 2 years' experience in business, sales, marketing or advancement, with a demonstrable track record of success.
* Respects confidentiality and privacy per applicable laws and regulations.
* Demonstrates behaviors that align with AWC's values.
* Complies with the policies and procedures of AWC.
* Organizes and establishes priorities effectively.
* Dependable, stable and capable of following through on commitments.
* Excellent team oriented and relationship skills.
* Ability to develop fundraising and budgeting plans, think creatively and strategically, and to manage multiple areas of activity simultaneously.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience writing successful proposals, good computer skills and working knowledge of advancement database.
* A working style that is self-directed and organized.
* Communicate effectively in both written and oral formats.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, and donor base software.
* Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and experience managing websites using Wordpress a plus.
Activities in performance of duties include sitting, standing, walking, climbing stairs, lifting up to 20lbs, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, keystroking on a keyboard or similar device, talking, hearing and seeing.