Director of Campus Ministry and Justice Diversity Equity and Inclusion
Posted: August 2022
Director of Campus Ministry and Justice Diversity Equity and Inclusion
The Director of Campus Ministry and the Justice Diversity Equity and Inclusion Team is responsible for promoting spiritual growth and faith exploration among our students and university community. This position creates opportunities for worship, service, reflection, instruction, counseling, and spiritual direction/guidance in order to develop the individual's faith and character. This position requires a deep knowledge of Catholic doctrine and Catholic Identity, supportive openness to other faith traditions, and a willingness to interact with members of the campus community. As Director of the JDEI Team the person is responsible for leading a team that teaches students, faculty, and staff to understand their fellow community members and create an affirming, safe environment. This is a 12-month position which is determined by the Vice President for Mission and Diversity. Some weekend and evening hours are anticipated and expected.
This position requires a practicing Catholic in full Communion with the Church. This role will assist in aligning the school's practices in the areas of Justice, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with its identity as a Catholic institution inspired by the mission, vision, and values of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth. All employees must understand and embrace the mission of Catholic higher education and must commit to the mission goals and objectives of Holy Family University.
The Student Life area of the university is a vibrant part of campus life. As such, the Director of Campus Ministry & JDEI will demonstrate a commitment to serving students, dedicated to their success from admissions through graduation and to the overall Mission and Core Values of the university.
Direct Reports: Chaplain
Job duties that must be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, and may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list below is illustrative and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this role.
• Plans creative liturgical celebrations of the Catholic Church calendar and special events throughout the school year in conjunction with the Chaplain
• Creates programs for students, including sacramental preparation, faith formation, retreats, prayer groups, scripture study sessions, and other programs designed to engage members of the community from all faith traditions through spiritual exploration, personal development, and interfaith dialogue
• Develops and implements leadership development programming for students that empowers them to apply their gifts and talents in the service of others
• Works closely with the Office of Student Engagement, Residence Life, Athletics, and other programming offices to promote a unified programming monthly calendar
• Networks with service and civic groups outside the University to establish stronger relationships for community members seeking meaningful service opportunities
• Supervises the Chaplain assigned to offer Catholic sacraments and sacramentals
• Oversees the maintenance of the supplies for the chapel: vestments, clean linens, sanctuary candles, wine, hosts, altar candles, flowers, etc. and maintains supplies for campus ministry
• Oversees the Chapel space, decorating for special liturgical seasons and keeping it clean and orderly
• Trains and leads students and faculty/staff volunteers in various Catholic ministerial roles such as eucharistic ministers, altar servers, lectors
• Supports the music ministry by leading and inviting others to lend their musical gifts and talents to the Sunday liturgy and other ecumenical services or programs
• Provides pastoral counseling and spiritual direction to students, faculty, and staff in a manner that welcomes and invites cultural diversity and different religious traditions
• Acts as Chair of the Justice Diversity Equity and Inclusion team
• Collaborates with Student Life directors to make certain the students learn and experience JDEI
• Serve as a resource for moderators and leaders of student affinity groups, student government, and faculty/staff groups in matters related to Justice, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
• Plan, develop, and deliver in conjunction with the JDEI team on-campus programs and events focused on JDEI topics for faculty, staff, students, alumni and families
• Collaborate with Institutional Research and Assessment in conducting periodic Campus Ministry and JDEI audits, and analyze audit outcomes
• Serves as an ambassador of the mission of Holy Family University and its Catholic heritage to the wider campus community
• A Master's Degree in Theology, Pastoral Studies or a related field is required.
• Experience in pastoral ministry is essential. Extensive pastoral experience in young adult ministry a strong plus.
• This position requires a practicing Catholic in full Communion with the Church
• Ability to relate to a diverse population and to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations.
• Understanding of Catholic doctrine and Catholic Social Teachings
• MS Office
• Ability to handle sensitive situations; maintain confidentiality; generate enthusiasm for service related activities and events.
• A valid driver's license is required. Certification as a professional Catholic Campus Minister by Catholic Campus Ministry Association preferred. Membership with professional Campus Ministry organizations such as Catholic Campus Ministry Association (CCMA) or Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities (ACCU) are preferred.
• The demands of this position require evening and weekend presence and active participation across a wide spectrum of formal University celebrations, dinners and observances, as well as a full round of dynamic Student Life and Campus Ministry activities.
Holy Family University offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees that can be found at benefits, including generous paid time off, tuition assistance, retirement plan with match, and much more!
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to mailto:[email protected]
Holy Family University seeks to foster an inclusive and healthy educational and work environment based on respect, the dignity of each person and the oneness of the human family. The University prohibits harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and bias incidents in any form, including, but not limited to, those based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies and practices, financial aid programs, athletic programs, and other school-administered activities and rights and privileges generally accorded or made available to employees and students at the University. Holy Family University complies with Title IX of the U.S. Education Amendments of 1972 ("Title IX"), a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. Holy Family University is dedicated to ensuring an environment free of discrimination or harassment of any kind, and promotes equal opportunity and inclusion in its education programs. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview process should notify Human Resources at [email protected]
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3339290
Copyright c2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.