PT THEOLOGY TEACHER
NAZARETH ACADEMY HIGH SCHOOL
2022-2023 School Year
1. Educational: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Theology from an accredited Catholic University; Preferred: An M.A. in Theology from an accredited Catholic University and three or more years teaching high school Religion/Theology
a. Qualified Catholic in good standing
b. Has a passion for bringing youth into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
c. Ability to work cooperatively with administration, teaching staff, students and parents in the ongoing task of providing the best possible education for all students
d. Willingness to accept constructive criticism
e. Ability to function under stress
f. Evidenced planning ability
g. Adaptable to changing situations
h. Candidate must have a satisfactory outcome of Criminal Background Check
1. Works well with his or her colleagues, captures the imagination of students, advances the Catholic identity of the school, builds relationships with students and parents, and remains open to student questions and circumstances.
2. Theology teachers operate within the Roman Catholic guidelines for religious instruction while applying sometimes abstract theological ideas to concrete experience. The primary goals for the religion department are to foster and deepen the relationship of each student with Jesus Christ and to increase students' knowledge and appreciation for the Catholic faith.
3. In light of Nazareth Academy's college preparatory curriculum, teachers develop group discussions/projects, critical thinking assignments, debate, research, presentations, and reading and writing in order to equip students for academic success in college and as engaged persons in today's world.
4. Works collaboratively with the department chair and members of the Theology department, along with other faculty and staff.
5. Planning and Preparation: to plan in advance for daily lesson presentations, lesson plans shall be kept up-to-date and will contain logically sequenced objectives based on adopted curriculum.
6. Instruction: to provide a classroom learning situation which adheres to the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of Nazareth Academy High School.
7. Classroom Management: to be responsible for the order, attention and well-being of students under your care in the classroom setting.
8. Recording and Reporting: to keep daily written records and entering attendance in NAHS online system, and building requirements as they pertain to matter of record keeping. To meet with parents in regularly scheduled conferences and/or whenever necessary to report individual pupil progress.
9. Co-Curricular Participation: to participate on a voluntary basis in planning for and supervising co-curricular student activities and functions approved by the school.
10. Professional Development: to show evidence of continuous growth in the teaching profession.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Performance for this position will be evaluated on an annual basis by the NAHS administration and department chair.
Email (Subject Line: THEOLOGY) your cover letter and resume to Mr. James Meredith, Principal, at [email protected] by June 15, 2022.
About the Employer
Nazareth Academy High School, located within the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, is an independent College preparatory school for girls sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth.