Chesterton Academy of the Rogue Valley (CARV) is a new high school scheduled to open Fall 2023 in Central Point, Oregon. Our Headmaster will have a large and immediate impact on the establishment of the only classical high school in the Catholic tradition in southern Oregon. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate leader who can rise to the challenge of establishing a high school.
The Headmaster serves as the educational leader of CARV, responsible for implementing the policies that ensure all students are supervised in a safe learning environment; that adhere to our Catholic identity; and that meet the approved curricula and mission of the school. The Headmaster is responsible for the curriculum and instructional leadership of the school, hiring and supervision of instructional personnel, student life, discipline, and related parent communication.
The Headmaster must be a practicing, faithful Roman Catholic, possess the minimum of a Master's Degree in Administration or related field, and demonstrate a commitment to Catholic secondary education. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The Headmaster and the Board of Directors lead the administrative team at Chesterton Academy of the Rogue Valley. Together they share the responsibilities of nurturing and maintaining the mission and traditions of the school, as well as ensuring fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties--
Curriculum and Academic Excellence:
• Oversee adherence to Chesterton Schools Network curriculum
• Oversee implementation of changes to curriculum
• Review results of student tests (CLT, PSAT, ACT, SAT)
• Oversee school accreditation process and renewal per Chesterton Schools Network guidelines
• Teach 2-3 courses initially, subject to change as school grows
• Oversee faculty hiring, evaluation, mentoring, training
• Conduct classroom observations as part of faculty evaluation process
Student Life and Discipline:
• Persevere in focusing on the formation of the whole student
• Ensure discipline policies are communicated and enforced
• Oversee parent-led sports and extracurricular activities
• Ensure effectiveness of virtue house and faculty mentor programs
• Oversee academic and behavioral eligibility for extra-curricular activities
• Meet with parents regarding student discipline and academic issues Development
• Ignite support and enthusiasm for classical education among faculty, parents and stakeholders
• Leverage position to play a crucial role in recruiting and retaining both students and faculty
• Participate in fundraising events
• Admit new students upon review of placement exam, student application materials, and meeting
• Oversee transfer student process (curriculum, regulations, forms, financial)
• Review placement tests and contact parents with remedial needs
• Deliver presentations to prospective parents and students at selected school events
• Must be practicing Roman Catholic and demonstrate a commitment to Catholic secondary education (Required)
• Bachelor's Degree (Required)
• Master's Degree (Preferred)
• 4 + years of experience in secondary school teaching or administration (Preferred)
• 2+ years teaching experience in a classical school environment (Preferred)
• 1+years of experience overseeing non-profit/for profit fundraising (Preferred)
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Resilient and adaptable with strong time management and organizational skills
• Committed to the mission of Chesterton Schools Network and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
About Chesterton Academy:
Founded in 2008 as a result of a grass-roots movement of parents, Chesterton Academy offers a rigorous, integrated high school curriculum centered on the Incarnation of Jesus Christ. Focusing on the classics, the school develops complete thinkers who learn to draw on faith and reason for the purpose of building a culture of life.
Medford, OR 97501