Position Title: Business Manager
Location of Job: St. Cecilia Parish & School
Location Address: 5105 SW Franklin Ave, Beaverton, OR 97005
Position: Full-time, exempt, benefits eligible
Position Summary: Assists in the prudent administrative stewardship of the parish together with the pastor, principal, and various parish entities. Oversees all accounting procedures for parish and school. This position is part of the core management team that works together to ensure that the pastoral and administrative needs of the Parish are met.
1. Prepares monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for parish and Archdiocese as needed.
2. Administers a cash flow management system with purchasing and payment schedules clearly defined.
3. Prepares, administers, and reviews the budget process in collaboration with the Archdiocesan accounting team, Finance Council, Pastor, Principal and other committees.
4. Monitors the collection, counting, recording, and depositing of parish revenue from all sources.
5. Responsible for monitoring and implementing internal controls.
6. Assists in the planning of financial stewardship and long-range planning efforts.
7. Responsible for understanding and maintaining archdiocesan policies, procedures, and guidelines.
8. Attends staff, Archdiocesan, and council meetings as required.
1. Directs the operation of the parish office and supervises maintenance staff, clerical staff, and volunteer coordinators.
2. Oversees monthly payroll and personnel records for employees.
3. Responsible for management of medical/dental benefits and Tax-Sheltered Annuity Program.
4. Responsible for management of FACTS Tuition accounts: regarding tuition, fees, and the collection of delinquent balances.
5. Coordinates parish liability, property insurance, and workers' compensation in collaboration with Archdiocesan insurance programs.
6. Administers parish salary and benefit programs, handles employee relations issues as directed by the Pastor, and consults with appropriate parish/Archdiocesan resources to ensure personnel actions are appropriate and consistent with Archdiocesan personnel guidelines.
7. Works with the Principal and Pastor and/or Development Director in the development activities of the parish and school, including marketing, public relations, communications, grant writing, fundraising, and stewardship.
8. Meets regularly with Principal and Pastor in the general administration of the parish and its ministries.
9. Handles other duties as assigned.
Campus Management Responsibilities:
1. Supervises the Facilities Manager and approves major repairs, improvements, or construction.
2. Reviews bids and quotes and negotiates contracts in collaboration with the Facilities Manager.
3. Monitors preventive maintenance programs for all properties.
4. Manages and collects rent from rental property.
1. B.A. degree specializing in Accounting/Business Administration is preferred, along with 5 years financial, accounting, office management, human resources, and facilities management experience.
2. Accounting experience must include budget preparation, payroll, and data entry/management with double entry accounting system.
3. Experience with Quick Books, Excel, ADP payroll, Microsoft Office, and parish database software preferred.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Valid Driver's license required.
6. Demonstrate a positive, collaborative, and caring attitude with staff, parishioners, students, and ability to work with a variety of people in a faith-based community.
7. Able to use independent judgment and act decisively to solve problems.
8. Maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
9. Pass a background check and complete Call to Protect training within first month after hire.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, talk, reach, feel, sit, climb, grasp, hear and perform repetitive motions of the hands/wrists. Lifts and moves items up to 30 pounds.
Work is performed mostly in an office setting. The employee is required to do extensive close computer work, as well as sit for long periods of time and attend evening or weekend meetings.
Facilities Manager, Clerical Staff, and Volunteer Coordinators.
Beaverton, OR 97005