POSITION SUMMARY: The Human Resources Generalist provides collaboration and support for day-to-day human resource operations. General areas of responsibility include staff recruitment, benefit administration, staff events and collaboration in various areas of the human resource functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; assist with the development and review of policies and practices to maintain compliance.
2. Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
3. Occasionally meets with employees as requested to ensure positive employee relations, involves others as appropriate and recommends external resources as needed.
4. Provides human resources guidance to Province Directors and employees when appropriate.
5. Performs routine tasks required to administer human resource functions including but not limited to resolving payroll issues, payroll data entry, benefits, and leave; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
6. In collaboration with the HR Director and Department Directors, develop and maintain written job descriptions for each Province position in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, OSHA, and other pertinent laws governing job descriptions.
7. Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
8. Provides new hire orientation, coordinates onboarding program and campus tours for new hires.
9. Administers employee benefits plans for employees including the management of the online benefit enrollment portal. Schedules and conducts annual open enrollment. Provides strategic ongoing communication to increase employee understanding of and participation in benefits.
10. Responsible for maintaining the organizational chart and HR personnel files and documentation in accordance with labor law practices.
11. Provides day-to-day support for HR operations including collaboration on staff events and participation on various committees such as the OSHA Safety Committee and the Social Activities Committee.
12. Create a quarterly employee e-newsletter that provides information on benefit updates and work-related topics.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required to perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of HR experience in a variety of HR functions.
Certification: PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
2. Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
3. Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
4. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
5. Success in developing and working with collaborative partnerships, both internal and external to the organization.
6. Proven ability to use sound judgment, tact, and discretion in handling sensitive employment issues.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills; approachable communication style.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
9. Ability to speak/comprehend Spanish a plus.
10. Detail oriented with an ability to maintain accurate records.
11. Ability to plan, organize and follow through on projects.
12. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.