• The Library Media Specialist, under the general direction of the Principal and Vice-Principal, assumes responsibility for the Bishop Kelley High School Library, while supporting and implementing the philosophy of Catholic Education and Bishop Kelley High School.
Essential Job Functions
• Plans the school library media program.
• Prepares and administers the library budget.
• Collaborates with school and local libraries and library systems in order to supplement available resources and engage in creative library programming ideas and activities.
• Trains and supervises support staff, student assistants and adult volunteers.
• Provides services, resources and guidance to students and teachers.
• Creates an environment that is inviting and conducive to student learning and collaboration.
• Attains knowledge of Bishop Kelley's educational programs and of student needs.
• Participates in school, diocesan, departmental, and grade-level curriculum design and assessment projects.
• Acquires and organizes library materials.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, and walking.
• Manual dexterity
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Gives evidence of lived gospel values.
• Works cooperatively with the administration, supports administrative policies, consults with principal and vice-principal in implementing professional planning responsibilities, implements administrative suggestions for improvement.
• Demonstrates a sense of professional responsibility.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• As needed
Educational and Experience Requirements
• Masters of Library and Information Studies from an American Library Association accredited university.
Tulsa, OK 74135