Position Description: The Coordinator of Young Adult, Campus & Pro-Life Ministries is responsible for assisting parishes, colleges and universities in empowering young adult souls in Eastern Oklahoma to live as missionary disciples of Jesus Christ. The Coordinator, by assisting the Director of Faith Formation, helps parishes, colleges, and universities of the Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma jumpstart young adult and campus ministry programs, and grow current young adult and campus ministry programs. The Coordinator of Young Adult, Campus & Pro-Life Ministries also offers: training and networking to parish young adult and campus ministry leaders; conversion and faith enrichment events for college students and young adults; services to pastors and their parishes in growing young adult and campus ministry programs; pilgrimage opportunities for young adults; and tools to help parishes and campus ministries to be disciple-makers of their young adults. Furthermore, the Coordinator will cultivate pro-life advocacy among college students and young adults.
• Articulate Catholic teaching with a commitment to its application in the job function
• Assist parishes in beginning and nurturing young adult and campus ministry efforts utilizing the current vicariate structure
• Develop, implement, and provide training and ongoing formation of ministry leaders
• Provide resources to parishes to assist in young adult, campus and pro-life ministry
• Oversee Catholic Young Adults of Tulsa and other young adult ministries (ages 18-39)
• Plan and execute college and young adult events
• Support, when needed, with youth events and activities, e.g., Youth Senate, Totus Tuus, National March for Life Pilgrimage, and 40 Days for Life
• Assist Coordinator of Youth Ministry with recruitment, training, and facilitation of Totus Tuus of Oklahoma
• Organize pilgrimage opportunities, both domestic and abroad, for young adults, e.g., World Youth Day "(WYD") and the Holy Week Roman Pilgrimage
• Oversee SEEK/SLS Recruitment and other events/ministries as assigned
• Coordinate joint efforts between the YYACM department and the Office of Vocations
• Coordinate the 40 Days for Life campaign and support the Oklahoma March for Life
• Review and adhere to the Diocesan Personnel Handbook and all other diocesan policies
• Execute all other duties as assigned by the Director of Faith Formation
• Excellent communications skills
• Superb organization skills able to plan and execute complex events and meetings
• An independent self-starter who is able to work well with colleagues and volunteers
• Proficient in PC or Mac; including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• A Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
• A missionary disciple dedicated to the Proclamation of the Gospel
• A servant-leader willing to serve others through fidelity and excellence
Physical Requirements: Employees should be able to meet the physical and mental demands of all the aforesaid key tasks, skills, and attributes. Such requirements include, but are not limited to, the frequent lifting or moving of up to ten (10) pounds and the occasional lifting or moving of up to twenty-five (25) pounds; frequent sitting and the occasional demands of driving long distances.
Please send both a cover letter and resume to [email protected].