The Alcuin Institute for Catholic Culture seeks a Programming Coordinator to join its growing team of young professionals and academics.
The Alcuin Institute for Catholic Culture serves the Diocese of Tulsa and Eastern Oklahoma by providing integrated and holistic formation opportunities to local Catholic leaders and educators. Founded in 2018 the Alcuin Institute's innovative approach engages the Diocese through high-quality programming that includes Socratic dialogues, lectures, conferences, summer internships, courses, cultural events, and digital resources.
Now in its 5th year, the Alcuin Institute is in a critical moment of growth and expansion and seeks faithful, energetic, and passionate professionals to join its mission.
The Alcuin Institute offers a stimulating work environment that prioritizes learning, fosters personal and professional development, and encourages innovation. More than an academic institution, the Alcuin Institute is a community of friends, committed to advancing Catholic life and culture in Eastern Oklahoma and beyond.
The Programming Coordinator is integral to the Alcuin Institute's success, growth, and development through the coordination of programming, scheduling, and event support.
The Programming Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the planning and operation of Alcuin programming, as well as assisting in advertising and event promotion. Responsibilities include:
• Collaborating with leadership in planning and scheduling academic year programming
• Overseeing and coordinating of events (room reservation, catering, invitations, RSVPs, speaker invitations and accommodations, event staffing, videography, etc.)
• Assisting in planning and design efforts to promote and publicize programs/events
• Cultivating and maintaining relationships with event constituents
• Assisting in the execution of events, including related hospitality, event set up, and clean up
• Tracking event participation and preparing requested reports
• Excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills
• The ability to plan and execute complex events
• An independent self-starter who can work well with colleagues and volunteers
• Proficient in PC or Mac; including Microsoft Office Suite
• Adept with social media platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Professional and friendly
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 1-3 years of event coordination
• Experience with Adobe Suite, Canva, or other design software
• A Catholic in good standing
• Have a passion for Alcuin's mission
• A willingness to serve others through fidelity, integrity, and excellence
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A strong work ethic
• Employees should be able to meet the physical and mental demands of all the aforesaid key tasks, skills, and attributes. Such requirements include, but are not limited to, the frequent lifting or moving of up to ten (10) pounds and the occasional lifting or moving of up to twenty-five (25) pounds; frequent sitting and the occasional demands of driving long distances.
• The Diocese of Tulsa offers a competitive salary with benefits, including medical, dental, vision, Paid Time-Off, long-term disability insurance, life insurance and a 403b retirement plan.
• Please send a cover letter and resume by email, with "Programming Coordinator" in the subject line to [email protected].