The Controller is responsible to the President for the fiscal operations of the school, and ensures the financial viability of the school through effective financial, budget, accounting and managerial practices. The Controller assists the President and the Executive Team to produce a budget and an enrollment and tuition plan that will ensure the financial viability of the school. The Controller is charged with monitoring and forecasting of the budget.
Essential Job Functions
• Demonstrate a commitment to Catholic values and the promotion of the associated culture within a Catholic school.
• Ensures the financial stability of the school through proper accounting methods, business office procedures, cash handling procedures, the integrity of the various functions and transactions conducted by the business office staff, independent audits, the collections of accounts receivable and management of accounts payable.
• Develops the school's annual budget, working directly with the President and Executive Team to establish the budget, the long-term financial plan and short- and long-term cost benefits analysis for all capital projects and programs.
• Administers the school's tuition assistance program.
• Oversees the annual audit, plans and maintains the required process associated with a timely audit and maintains relationship with the auditing firm.
• Manages the daily operations of the General Accountant and the Accounts Payable Coordinator. Also responsible for the oversight of all point of sale areas for the school, including but not limited to the Campus Store, and Food Services, including concessions for all sports and external vendor relationships the school may have at any time.
• Prepares detailed financial reports and works with the President and Finance Committee to review financial statements before presentation to the Board.
• Collaboratively works with the Director of Philanthropy to ensure accurate reporting of fundraising totals and the creation of Annual Report for donors.
• General Accountant, Accounts Payable, Retail Facilities Coordinator
• Lifting up to 50 lbs unassisted
• Frequent prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping and walking.
• Manual dexterity for typing, filing and various bus maintenance needs
• A missionary disciple dedicated to the Proclamation of the Gospel
• A servant leader willing to serve others through fidelity and excellence
• Faith in the Presence of God - "Let us remember that we are in the Holy Presence of God."
• Concern for the Poor and Social Justice - "Enter to Learn, Leave to Serve."
• Respect for all Persons - "Live Jesus in our hearts... Forever."
• Quality Education - "Teaching Minds and Touching Hearts."
• Inclusive Community - "The Lasallian Family"
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Ability to create detailed financial reports for planning and analysis.
• Works cooperatively with the Administration and supports administrative policies.
• Works as a team member with the educational staff.
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations with students and parents.
• Demonstrates leadership attributes in managing, delegating and prioritizing the work and team.
• Demonstrates a sense of professional responsibility.
Educational and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree is required in either accounting or finance
• Masters' Degree or CPA is required
• Previous management experience in an accounting/finance department is required
• Strong analytical skills
• Demonstrates positive and professional interpersonal relations with students, parents, faculty, staff, Administrators and President and with alumni and the local community.